• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

keep the losi night crawler or not?

crewchi

I have a losi night crawler and am wondering what your thoughts are rc pros. Should i keep it or should i sell it and get a losi comp crawler? I really like the losi crawlers so id like to stay with them and my buddies all have them and we can swap spare parts.
Suggestions for upgrades?
Motor?
steering servo?
new tires?

I am not a fan of any of the 2.2 losi stuff but I would get a comp crawler over the night crawler.

IMO though the Axial XR10 is a way better setup but more invested to get it running than the losi's.

I agree with crash. If u want the most capable comp type truck moa is the way to go, berg based or xr10 but just like any truck fine tuning is required.

Im not really going for the most capable. We just goof off for fun. And since most of my buddies have losi crawlers its nite to be able to swap parts with them. Is i worth buying the LCC and putting the LNC parts in to it?

Im not really going for the most capable. We just goof off for fun. And since most of my buddies have losi crawlers its nite to be able to swap parts with them. Is i worth buying the LCC and putting the LNC parts in to it?

If u already have the lnc u can buy the lcc tranny which will give u dig but u would need a diff radio with an extra channel to operate the dig. U can upgrade all the other parts to what comes on the lcc like the steering, links,etc.

Ok here is the question. I might just keep the LNC till i find a good deal on a used comp crawler. I need a new steering servo since everyone knows the stock one sucks. I know if i upgrade the steering servo past a certain point i have to add a BEC. What exactly is a BEC and and what servo and BEC do you suggest?

The bec is used because the high torque servos draw too much current and can cause the esc to glitch without it or burn up the servo , it basically makes it so u get power directly from the battery rather than from the esc. The bec is essentially a voltage regulator, the
castle creations 10 amp bec is the way to go and can be found at the lhs for around 25 bucks.

If ur looking for a servo make sure u get something over 400 oz of torque, I prefer the hitec 7950 or Jr 8711.

If ur not already a member, check out rccrawler.com there's a section specifically for the lnc and lcc with lots of useful information. If it was me I would check out the for sale section on rcc for a used comp crawler transmission and then buy the flysky gt3b radio and do the hack kit that's sold on rcc (radio and hack kit less than $100), then u will have a nice radio with lots of capabilities.

Last edited: