• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kill Switch ?

cheroking

I know a lot of you run a master kill switch on the hot side to your battery. My question is do you run your alternator and winch through the switch as well or do you hook those straight to the battery?

Thanks Ben

Run it through the GROUND side so it will take care of anything that might drain your battery. :****:

I have two - one hot, one ground

I ran the winch thru the hot one - I think it's burning it up
I wired around the hot one and the ground one won't kill the vehicle since the alt will run it indefinitely and the engine is grounded else where.

some hot ones have a special 4 plug one and you can run the alt thru it but it still takes a second to shut it off.

I plan on a rewire and running one hot wire from the hot to the winch then to alt & starter. I plan on carefully routing and protecting that wire.
I'll run the rest of my electronics thru the hot disconnect and runnning a neg. disconnect.

I have both disconnects above the battery behind the passenger seats and ran a wire cable thru both and between the seats to the front, pull the cable and both are off

DSC_0011.jpg

i have one that kills my whole switch panel .. ing ,lights radio, heater ,rocklights etc everthing except my radio memory and ecm memory .... and have a hidden ground kill comes from batt to switch then to a 1/2 inch bolt welded to the chasis .

ground everthing to frame nothing to batt . kills everthing . but my motor runs like **** if u leave it off for amore than 20 mins