• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

killed camera guy

I did the same thing to a lady at Grayrock about three years ago. We were on Poison Rock and my Jeep slung a rock way back in the crowd and hit her right in the forhead!!! Knocked her down and almost out. It did cut her forhead just a little but no stiches were needed thank goodness. I felt terrible and appoligized quite a few times but she took it well. We laugh about it now and she still give me crap about throwing rocks at her.

dont feel bad woodlee drilled me in the forehead with one the size of a softball on tub rock
it was in uncle bobs so you know what the wheel speed was

I guess that rock was about 18" , it left a bruise on his side from the middle of his thigh to the top of his stomach, looks really bad, he rolled about 50 feet downhill, they would have had to air-vac me out if it was me.

There was a guy Killed in Missouri last year , at a off road park called Flat Nasty . He was Hit in the head buy a rock from a buggy trying to climb a hill called git it billy .

Yup, heard about the Flat Nasty accident. I've been hit hard with rocks too many times to count, I've been clipped a few times at speed, and even straight up RUN OVER! (Thanks JohnG... :flipoff1:) Standing around a 500HP buggy spinning tires at 40mph or faster is not safe, and people don't get that. I can't believe how close people stand and where they stand in relation to a rig that's gettin' it on an obstacle. It's a wonder more spectators don't get hurt...

Speeding said:
Yup, heard about the Flat Nasty accident. I've been hit hard with rocks too many times to count, I've been clipped a few times at speed, and even straight up RUN OVER! (Thanks JohnG... :flipoff1:) Standing around a 500HP buggy spinning tires at 40mph or faster is not safe, and people don't get that. I can't believe how close people stand and where they stand in relation to a rig that's gettin' it on an obstacle. It's a wonder more spectators don't get hurt...
yup, not just debris, but when 1 tire hooks or a bounce happens, a rig can travel 25' in a hurry going over sideways. look at heath on primos. almost squashed the foreigner in camo and paul :eek:

ya, that was nutty! definitely happened fast. Ashley was just up the hill from both of them when that happened....only takes a split second

accidents happen, he knew I was gonna be on it, and he was trying to hide behind a tree, just wasn't big enough, there's another vid about an hour after that [new camera operater] and after a couple a rocks bounced off their hood they bailed, it rained all night before so tire speed was the norm for the day[the way I like it].

In the vid it looks like you can see the rock that took off towards him. Looks like it was about 2 foot or more across