• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KILLING LP D60s HELP!!!

FullThrottle89

ok guys im on my 4th low pinion 60 ring gear. (yukon 5.13 and spool) i have set them up tight, and regular and still have the same result. anyone got any tips or tricks to make them hold???? Also running 43 stickies i know doesnt help. :dunno: yes there is a 14 bolt in the works but wanna ride now.

df7156d25b0bf0f4f3e9fa7d013cd030.jpg

im building a 14 bolt so this is just to get me by till then. just wondering if there is a bouncer trick im not aware of for these. just trying to get back on the trails

70 gears plus a load bolt are the only upgrades that I'm aware of and I doubt they are worth the trouble if you're already building a 14.

FullThrottle89 said:
I broke the last one on flipper at WITC doing absolutely nothing.
Only thing really is check your carrier for run out if it's warped it'll have a spot that gets high on the teeth. Get the pinion set close to the heel and only run .004-.005" backlash.

I bet doing just a load bolt would go a long way. I know this isn't the right way bud down and dirty you could probably just weld a backing plate in your housing to bump the ring gear during deflection.

wgamble said:
I thought this is why most guys go ahead and run 5.38s.

I think lots of people run 5.38s cause that gear matches the lowest they can get for their 14 bolt rear. Seems like most people these days are running a 4.10 or 3.73 gears cause they are stronger. When you do that you get you lower crawl ratio from your transfer case.

I'm running 4.56's and rcv's. When it started making a clanking sound on the second hill last weekend I thought it was the front gears. I know its only a matter of time. :****:

For the $60 or so that it cost to have them done it seems like it would be worth a try for me until you get the 14 bolt done. Or just throw another set of gears in it and hope they don't break the first time you step on the gas. :popcorn:

FullThrottle89 said:
Not wasting my money on that. Will spend that money on a 14 bolt. There not gonna hold so why keep throwing money at them?

On orginal post you asked for tips and tricks yet you don't want to throw away any more money on the LP 60 front. Maybe time to pull it out and get more serious on the 14 bolt front. I'm sure you could sell you 60 for a considerable amount of money. That money would probably get you a great start on a new axle. If I remember correctly RCV will cure gears for $250.