• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KM2's Real World Experience

My buddy has the 35x12.50x15's on his wrangler, he said they are pretty comparable to the original BFG M/T's in the mud & snow but are alot quieter on the road. hope this helps ya out a little :cheer:

that does help, that's the tire size i'm looking at, and on 4WP's they're $5/each cheaper than the 33's....go figure...:redneck:

I have ran BFGs on my Jeep since '95 and they are great. I put a set of KM2's on the Jeep in 02. I run them at about 6psi and have tons of traction.
22632_292115682351_720792351_3915449_637713_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, to be honest, I like to do a lot of snow runs and there have been times NO ONE was moving and there were times my 36" Iroks, owned and times my friends 35" MTR's performed well. and even our friends 32" BFG's kept up just fine. So there are a lot of variables to account for, but if they've been out on multiple runs, with varying snow conditions, then i'd believe it more.

Wheeled with some buddies who have them. Very poor performance in snow.

Ya, to be honest, I like to do a lot of snow runs and there have been times NO ONE was moving and there were times my 36" Iroks, owned and times my friends 35" MTR's performed well. and even our friends 32" BFG's kept up just fine. So there are a lot of variables to account for, but if they've been out on multiple runs, with varying snow conditions, then i'd believe it more.

what Freeride says is true. I have 35's on trailready beadlocks on my xj. They are the worst snow tire I have ever had. irok, old mtr, new mtr, even the old bfg km are much more superior in the snow then the km2. I have aired down to 1 psi and still not much for traction.

i wish i never bought them. wheeled with some that have the new mtr kevlar and they are great in the snow mud and rocks.

mud and rock the km2 still doesnt grab and clog pretty bad. Km2's are a great tow rig tire.

i looked for a long time for the km2 and couldnt find any, all the shops said they were on back order. so if you find them i would get them, i gave up and went with the new wranglers

i looked for a long time for the km2 and couldnt find any, all the shops said they were on back order. so if you find them i would get them, i gave up and went with the new wranglers

I will sell you a set of 35x12.5r15 with 90% tread???

The KM2s work a lot better in deep snow and on ice if you sipe them. real siping too across the whole center section, not those cute little hand sipes.
Adds another $60 to the cost though:mad:
Totally happy with mine now but I wont buy them again, not even for a tow rig.

Been working Good enough on my jeep. Running 37x12.50R17's. In the sand they don't do as good as others. But I never really aired them down. Just have to use 4x4 alot more then my last jeep. But other then that, I like them overall, but Probably won't buy them again though.

I have 35x12.5R15 on my '98 Z71. It's my DD and I take it on mountains on occasion. Have used them in the snow around Mt. Baker as well. I love the tires! From in the cab they aren't that loud rolling down the road or interstate. I think the life of them is pretty good so far. I don't have a complaint on them at all. Oh ya, they look bad ass also.... :redneck:

Ive got a set of 285/70/17s on my duramax and I love them. They are quiet, and are wearing great, only lost 6/32s of tread in 19k miles. Ive had it in the snow storms that came in and I was very happy with them, maybe its the weight of the truck and the power that made them work good, but whatever it is I am 100% happy with the km2s.

I have 35x12.5R15 on my '98 Z71. It's my DD and I take it on mountains on occasion. Have used them in the snow around Mt. Baker as well. I love the tires! From in the cab they aren't that loud rolling down the road or interstate. I think the life of them is pretty good so far. I don't have a complaint on them at all. Oh ya, they look bad ass also.... :redneck:

when they are not a wheeling tire they do ok. I had them on my suburban for a little while and they were ok

Ive got a set of 285/70/17s on my duramax and I love them. They are quiet, and are wearing great, only lost 6/32s of tread in 19k miles. Ive had it in the snow storms that came in and I was very happy with them, maybe its the weight of the truck and the power that made them work good, but whatever it is I am 100% happy with the km2s.

again as I said they would be a good tow rig tire :awesomework:

i would look into the new MTR i have heard nothing but great reviews on those tires.

the km2 is a badass looking tire. they do great for light wheeling and looks. if you want extreme go with goodyear or iroks.