• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Knuckle grinding by Nuzz

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
After grinding the first one on the ground he came up with the winning idea. Strap it to the beam so he could put his weight on it...:D

Attachments

• knklgrnd.JPG
    knklgrnd.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 176
  • knklgrnd1.JPG
    knklgrnd1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 173
darius said:
what was he grinding the inner knuckle for?

Putting a HP44 in front of the jeep out of a 78-79 ford bronco which has all the cast C crap. Gotta retube it to pass side drop and figured we'd just use the inner Cs off another junk 44...

Here's the kicker though... I spent an hour straight grinder on those damn things and they turned out to be the wrong ****ing diameter :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apparently we were drunk the first time we measured :oops:

Anyways, axle is at Dean's at Bent Metal Customs and he thinks he can salvage the Cs that are on the HP44 :cool:

Nuzzy said:
Putting a HP44 in front of the jeep out of a 78-79 ford bronco which has all the cast C crap. Gotta retube it to pass side drop and figured we'd just use the inner Cs off another junk 44...

Here's the kicker though... I spent an hour straight grinder on those damn things and they turned out to be the wrong ****ing diameter :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apparently we were drunk the first time we measured :oops:

Anyways, axle is at Dean's at Bent Metal Customs and he thinks he can salvage the Cs that are on the HP44 :cool:

What's wrong with the c's on the HP44? and why did you grind a knuckle for an hour?

darius said:
What's wrong with the c's on the HP44? and why did you grind a knuckle for an hour?

Cs on that style ford HP44 are part of some cast in mess that has to do with a track bar bracket that aren't easy to part cleanly from the tubes that are getting replaced during the retube.

And I don't know :mad: :mad: :mad: The plan was to make it easier for Dean to press out the old tube from the C by grinding the weld off. Problem was finding a decent way to secure the C so that I could push on it without it moving all over the place.

Looks like he's gonna catch the Jeep on fire? shootin all them sparks right at the right rear corner? Where the typical CJ leaky gas cap filler is? He's got more knuckles then Jeeps? :redneck:

I try'd that once and all the sparks melted themselves into the door glass on my wifes car. She was not happy at all.

That and all the sparks will melt right into the paint and start tiny little rust spots over time.

GaryTJ said:
I try'd that once and all the sparks melted themselves into the door glass on my wifes car. She was not happy at all.

That and all the sparks will melt right into the paint and start tiny little rust spots over time.

What about the ones that melted into my arm and feet cause I was wearing flipflops?? :censored: :redneck:

roccrawler said:
Flying hot sparks on that nice shiny black car :wtf:

joe said there werent any on the car, im hoping i dont have "the metal flake" when i get it back :puke:

SysWillys said:
Looks like he's gonna catch the Jeep on fire? shootin all them sparks right at the right rear corner? Where the typical CJ leaky gas cap filler is? He's got more knuckles then Jeeps? :redneck:

x2, this was the first thing i thought of when i saw the pic. Nice idea, getting it up off the ground so you can work but move the nice jeep out of the way first. it looks too nice:; :beer:

zig80toy said:
x2, this was the first thing i thought of when i saw the pic. Nice idea, getting it up off the ground so you can work but move the nice jeep out of the way first. it looks too nice:; :beer:

That f@#king jeep is the the biggest pain in my ass! If it blew up, I'd laugh :haha:

Seriously though, it hasn't run since May. I'm fairly confident that whatever gas was around the filler tube has long since dried up... I think... unless Joe's been secretly driving it... :D