• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH 2021

Well, watched about 15 minutes, and got so boring I turned it off! What happened to back door? That was so much better to watch than chocolate thunder crap.

The announcers mentioned that they could not go back to Backdoor due to the number of spectators and unsafe viewing areas. Meaning the BLM (the Land ones not the other ones) wouldn't give them a permit to have an official event at Backdoor.

Did anybody see the fight at back door? It popped up on Instagram but got taken down pretty quick. It was a good one.

Anybody else hear them mention that one of the bouncers in the shootout had over 1600 hp? Sounds like the bar is being raised again. We've got a tie for most horsepower....who's gonna be the next top dog?

Guy from Oregon that bought show stopper buggy.

It was a funny one either way.
You're right. I had a good laugh. One ole boy come flying down the side of the mountain at the very end. Looked like the worlds largest crow hop.

Anybody else hear them mention that one of the bouncers in the shootout had over 1600 hp? Sounds like the bar is being raised again. We've got a tie for most horsepower....who's gonna be the next top dog?

I heard that. It was on the mayhem buggy if I remember right. Show me dyno sheets. Not crank numbers to the ground.

I heard mention of that too. It had a 4 liter blower on the motor.

On the EMC qualifying there are a lot (most) of the 4600 cars with no time. Did they DNF,or decide not to qualify?

probably not a terrible idea. looked like a bunch of them 2 door jeeps were about to flip over on that one rock climb (i only watched for 30 min or so)

If I'm not mistaken, TC last 2 buggies have been in that neighborhood. I believe they've been there for a while...

On the EMC qualifying there are a lot (most) of the 4600 cars with no time. Did they DNF,or decide not to qualify?

For this race at least, all classes have a random starting order drawn and the racer has an option to Qualify or not. So if you attempt to Qualify, you'll start ahead of anyone that did not attempt to Qualify.

Since the 4600 Stock class starts at the back of the pack anyway, most chose not to attempt the Qualifying course. In a class of 28 rigs, the first Stock class rig will start 6.5 minutes before the last one leaves the line, but since the race is on adjusted time it kinda doesn't matter with the exception of dust and bottlenecks.

By comparison, the first 4400 will leave 22 minutes ahead of the last 4400.

Since I am a numbers nerd, and have access to Al Gore's innerwebs, according to the Ultra4 Qualifying lists:

4600 Stock class - out of 28 registered, 10 attempted the Qualifying course, 3 completed it, and 7 had DNF's.

Other EMC classes (4500 Modified and 4800 Legends) - out of the 104 registered, 96 attempted the Qualifying course, 70 completed it, and 26 had DNF's.

The 4900 UTV class - out of the 113 registered, 98 attempted the Qualifying course, 96 completed it, and 2 had DNF's.

The 4400 Unlimited class - out of the 90 registered, 83 attempted the Qualifying course, 78 completed it, and 5 had DNF's.

Well if you DNF on a less than 2 mile run with one rock climb, you probably need to get your ass in the pits prepping the car if you plan on running the race.

Well if you DNF on a less than 2 mile run with one rock climb, you probably need to get your ass in the pits prepping the car if you plan on running the race.

Truth. Heard reports of broken diffs, axle shafts, one blown up Atlas, flat tires, multiple rolls on the short course, and several that over jumped and broke stuff on the landings.

For the 4400 Unlimited class the top three are separated by 0.23 seconds total. 1st and 2nd were separated by 0.070 seconds.

Latest posts