• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Ok so im watching some of the KOH videos and LCQ on Backdoor and I was wondering, I have not been the the Hammers, why dont they suck down there front end with the winch when going up Backdoor or other steep stuff? Would it help? It takes less time then pulling rope all the way up the hill. Is it not allowed? Just a thought... I have my flame suit on but I think its a good question.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. You see little to no rigs having the front winch line even connected to the front axle.

Ok so im not the only one.. its seems to me it would make some things easier. Watching Larry hit Backdoor in LCQ his rig kept wanting to roll back on him... suck the front end down and problem would almost go away.

My only "guess" on this would be: From the creek bed to the first waterfall its very bumpy and maybe they left the winch out and just never reeled it back in for the climb? Backdorr is one of those spots that also hard to capture in a picture. It doesn't look like much till you are there in person.

Bunk used his suckdown winch all the time when i was in his rig. didnt see too many others though. Helped in a LOT of sections we were on.

Bunk used his suckdown winch all the time when i was in his rig. didnt see too many others though. Helped in a LOT of sections we were on.

Its different when you are able to just take your time and enjoy the trail :cool:

It depends on the rig. On my buggy the front end doesn't unload really easy so I only have to suck it down when we are doing really long steep climbs like in WE Rock. When we were at the hammers we never had to suck it down. We practiced on the water fall climb at the back door a bunch and never needed it. Its all about getting the right line on that obsticle. To far right and you'll wheelie and to far left the back tire gets caught on this big rock lump at the top. Its all about shooting at a little angle towards the left and turning into it as you climb up. When we got to it during LCQ we tryed it 3 times almost got it but the wall was covered in oil and water so traction was the issue. I think if my motor was a little stronger we would have had it.

Ya thats what I was thinking when you say backdoor is one you just have to see. I plan on going down to the hammers for my first time next year so Ill see it then. Interesting info tho. Thanks guys. :awesomework:

Ya thats what I was thinking when you say backdoor is one you just have to see. I plan on going down to the hammers for my first time next year so Ill see it then. Interesting info tho. Thanks guys. :awesomework:

Another option.....you could finish your project and actually get out and wheel, then have an opinion on this whole winch thing yourself.:hi:

actually this LCQ was much different than last year because of rain. there is a big hole of water at the bottom and since traction was the issue i believe most smart competetors realized if you just winch up it you will be in the race.

so most competetors were all set to winch right from the start. eg line unhooked from axel and set lengths of rope all set to the anchor point.

especially after half the first day there were so few competetors there, if you just finished the LCQ you were in.:cheer:

what i was amazed at is these people dont (for the most part) have a clue about winching.

who woulda thought the winner of the LCQ could have been the one who had an 8274 winch...

that and i learned rope sucks as a winch line, might be a lot safer but it absolutly sucks as a winch line...

alex you are my friend and all i can say is i hope all those ropes i saw snapped were not yours:D

what i was amazed at is these people dont (for the most part) have a clue about winching.

I won't disagree with this

that and i learned rope sucks as a winch line, might be a lot safer but it absolutly sucks as a winch line...

And I won't bugger up your thread about this subject, but this you are way out of line.......just plain wrong.

Lets get him guys!:shot::D

Im trying to finish the buggy, I got it running and all that and I have done one test around the yard but had to rework some things. Trust me... Im just as ready to wheel as you guys want me to be. Thanks for the proding $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts