• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers vs KR3-S

jordan7118

My 39" reds are getting close to the end of their life cycle, or I'm looking for a change - haven't completely decided which is the case.

I have a chance to buy for a decent price a set of 85% KR2 stickies. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because I can't find any feedback on how they do in a strictly rock environment. In my opinion, it seems they are a racing tire with good crawling manners, whereas a Krawler is a crawling tire with good racing manners.

Anyone here run both or have an opinion on the matter? Lightweight Toyota firewall buggy, and I pretty much just crawl. Sees a little wet weather terrain but primarily rock-based trail rig.

Re: KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers

Ive asked a couple people thst made the switch BC i hate my treps and the kr2 seems more affordable. Both i talked to said they did not regret it. They aren't as good in mud though. Obviously.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

mckeddie said:
Ive asked a couple people thst made the switch BC i hate my treps and the kr2 seems more affordable. Both i talked to said they did not regret it. They aren't as good in mud though. Obviously.
Are you saying the KR2 aren't as good as a Trep or a Krawler in the mud? Certainly not going to be as good as a Trep in the mud. That's one area that a Trep seems to outperform any other sticky tire. Not to venture into another topic, but what do you not like about the Treps?

Again, thanks for the input!

Why are the KR3's 60 less a tire than the standard Red Label....better sidewall, one more inch height and stronger sidewall? Something has to give ???

lowbudgetjunk said:
Why are the KR3's 60 less a tire than the standard Red Label....better sidewall, one more inch height and stronger sidewall? Something has to give ???

Probably made on a desert race tire carcass that they make 10x (or 100x) more of vs Krawlers

lowbudgetjunk said:

I think it is a tread depth thing. Probably only last 60 % as long

Re: Re: KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers

lowbudgetjunk said:
As of last Tuesday everything had an almost immediate price increase without warning. The kr2 and kr3 will remain at their current price until March 15th but I don't know what they are going to. Reds went up around the $50 dollar range per tire.

I guess it depends on when you saw the pricing. In general, the kr3 are not cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jordan, I have a friend who bought a set via a website and thought they were the crawlers, they weren't, but he decided to run them anyhow. I was really impressed with them on the rocks. He crawled some stuff better built rigs winched!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked out a deal on the KR2-S set. Guess I'll try them out and report back ;D

Well, the KR2s aren't going to work for me. They're a solid 2" wider than a red label, which puts them into my coil overs and air shocks. I've got fairly narrow minitruck Toyota axles under my rig. Pretty bummed, because I think these tires would really do awesome for me. Now, I'll either stick with reds, or what I'd really like to do is find a set of sticky KR3s. I think those might fit.

jordan7118 said:
Well, the KR2s aren't going to work for me. They're a solid 2" wider than a red label, which puts them into my coil overs and air shocks. I've got fairly narrow minitruck Toyota axles under my rig. Pretty bummed, because I think these tires would really do awesome for me. Now, I'll either stick with reds, or what I'd really like to do is find a set of sticky KR3s. I think those might fit.

Going to make to the Ramble this weekend?

KRT VS Red Label size comparison.

1b1ab71911e9ae300f423f8eae50b74e.jpg
a09e9b20ecac8742294e1179e0e2fb4d.jpg
a1e2260abce057d53df42d0dd769c47c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

the_white_shadow said:
Going to make to the Ramble this weekend?
Yeah, I'll be there... On red labels laughing1 Look for the dude dressed like a homeless person (me)

That comparison of KRT to Krawler is about identical of KR2 to Krawler. I'm hoping KR3 is more true to Krawler size.

Re: Re: KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers

jordan7118 said:
Yeah, I'll be there... On red labels laughing1 Look for the dude dressed like a homeless person (me)

That comparison of KRT to Krawler is about identical of KR2 to Krawler. I'm hoping KR3 is more true to Krawler size.
Kr3 aren't near as wide but they are taller.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jordan7118 said:

Good deal. Ill be at the park around 2-3 tomorrow. Hopefully the rains stay away. See ya there.

40" KR3's make 39" Krawlers look like 37's.

I have the non-stickies and they hook up on everything, even at 15 psi. Love these tires!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    711.6 KB · Views: 242

Latest posts