• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KTM tires and wheels

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Hey, I am working on getting all the parts to get my bike plated. Its a 2014 Husky but it uses the new style KTM hubs and axles. I would like to barrow someones DOT tires and wheel sets if I can for the inspection. I dont really want to go and buy new tires that I wont use just for one hour of one day.

Let me know!

Sorry, all my friends and myself that run katooms are already plated and have gone back to pure dirt tires. Good luck.

I might be buying the cheapest set of DOT tires I can find and doing a quick tire swap for one day. I might be out $100 bucks or so but I guess thats part of the deal.

Paul, we still need to get out a ride one of these days. I did a 43 mile day up around manastash/quartz mt last saturday... great day in the woods.

How's the new bike treating you after break in?
I passed Peninsula Husqvarna on Saturday and was soooo close to stopping in. My wallet thanked me. Lol

Sept is one of the best times to ride, the trails are empty and the weather is great. I got a decent amount of riding in this year and did several new (to me) trails from the naches side. Never got to ride up in the Eniat this year. Stupid fires. :mad:

I don't think I have a free weekend day until hunting season is over but I do have some weekdays.

Last edited:
How's the new bike treating you after break in?
I passed Peninsula Husqvarna on Saturday and was soooo close to stopping in. My wallet thanked me. Lol

It really is sweet man, I know it was a lot of money but it really is nice to have a new machine to ride. I have been riding alone sometimes 20-30 miles from my truck and I never once feel like I will be walking home. The bike is a dream to ride in the rough nasty rocky trails, the forks take care of your body and the bike handles, makes me look like a good rider! haha

Sept is one of the best times to ride, the trails are empty and the weather is great. I got a decent amount of riding in this year and did several new (to me) trails from the naches side. Never got to ride up in the Eniat this year. Stupid fires. :mad:

I don't think I have a free weekend day until hunting season is over but I do have some weekdays.

I might try and get back over your way next weekend... I gotta work this weekend. Week days for me are hard since I am a solid 2.5 hour drive from you.

I think my plan for the tire issue is to get a DOT trials tire for the rear since I kinda want to try one anyway and then the cheapest DOT front tire I can find. That way Im only out 40 bucks or so.

I work the weekend of the 27th. A trials tire is a good choice. I'm considering going back to those. They wear better than the knobbies and since spring riding is out (thanks to the loser FS and seasonal closures) it's mostly dry trails where the trials tire shines, especially with two smokes.