• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lake chelan high hunt

mcmurrinjr

me and a couple of buddies are planning a trip up for the high hunt in september has anyone every done it recomendations on hunting areas anything would be helpful thanks.

I've gone to the Plain/ Lake Wenatchee area. Long hike in and I didn't get a buck, but its supposed to be a great area. The other guys said it was an off year cuz its normally a shooting gallery.

in lake chealan if you go to where the ski resort is and the snow park and fallow the snow mobile trails you will find mass deer atleast i did but i don't know if it is a legal hunting area but lots of deer

its not legal there the area is from the northeast side of the lake to whatever that highway is i think it 2 all the way to the west side. and long hike we are planning about 15 miles in to camp. Then planning about 5 miles a day from camp.

Sweet! thats a long pack w/ one of them muleys on yer back, got horses?
I've been packin mine out 4-5 miles on my back, thats a good haul, thats quartered, I think any further and I would be boning it out for sure!

no horses so its going to be boned out (hopefully) no cape except the for enough to mount it. i dont know though i have never boned one out and my buddy that i was planning this with just told me a hour ago he might not be able to get time off work to go.

Ive been hunting the high hunt for 22 years same area every year. Hike in about 7 miles to camp and hunt no more than a mile from camp. I use the inside of the hide when I bone it out, cut hide along back bone lay it out and get to work, roll over and repeat. If your going to hunt 5 miles from camp I hope you hunt with your back pack on or its going to be along hike back to camp and back to the deer. been there and done that once.

its not legal there the area is from the northeast side of the lake to whatever that highway is i think it 2 all the way to the west side. and long hike we are planning about 15 miles in to camp. Then planning about 5 miles a day from camp.

thats why there was lot's of deer there :haha:

Latest posts