• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Land Cruiser v8 hedders?

mjp1080

Where can I find a set of hedders for a land cruiser with a small block 350 swapped into it. Or, does anybody know if chevy truck hedders will fit on this thing, hoping somebody out there had first hand experience with this particular setup.:D

no, but I just did. Looks like they have them, I didnt know they sold hedders, thanks.:awesomework:

I've heard the old ram style from the 70's worked. I would try man-a-fre. Check out Ih8mud.com. all cruiser stuff with alot of good info. :beer:

Hi All:

Spend some time searching over at <www.ih8mud.com> this is an all Land Cruiser board with TONS of info.

That said, most guys use the GM "rams horn" manifolds with their SBC conversion in the FJ40 because the "rams horns" manifolds fit nice and tight inside the frame rails. The typical aftermarket "header" is routed over the frame rails, which is awkward at best.

Good luck!

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------

Where can I find a set of hedders for a land cruiser with a small block 350 swapped into it. Or, does anybody know if chevy truck hedders will fit on this thing, hoping somebody out there had first hand experience with this particular setup.:D

Ram horns are nice but the chances of finding a set that isn't cracked or warped aren't great and chances are they will be 2" rather than 2 1/2" 'vette/hi perf.

I have used blockhuggers with good success, just don't buy cheap ones like the garbage from flow tech.... The hooker block huggers are from their super comp line so they are very heavy duty with thick flanges. Last time I bought them from summit they were $150 which was a sick deal. :D

Another thing to consider is headers for a later model camaro/fire chicken but if you have the stock steering box they probably won't fit.

Will the Hedman block-huggers work? I installed a set of ceramic coated units and was quite pleased with the quality and fit. (granted this was on my CJ5 with an LT1 - black one in the NW Wheelers revolving banner at top of website). Nonetheless, they did curve in nicely to allow true dual pipes all the way back INSIDE the frame rails

Will the Hedman block-huggers work? I installed a set of ceramic coated units and was quite pleased with the quality and fit. (granted this was on my CJ5 with an LT1 - black one in the NW Wheelers revolving banner at top of website). Nonetheless, they did curve in nicely to allow true dual pipes all the way back INSIDE the frame rails

Of course, heddman has some nice headers too...

In theory I'm supposed to be in that banner too.... We'll see if it ever comes to pass. :haha:

I just pulled a set of a cruiser yesterday i am putting rams on i will sell them for 50 bucks if you want them i have all the bolts still let me know. 253 508 4226 Ithink they are headmans.

Depends on your steering set-up, I had the standard block hugger style from Summit on mine but when I went to the Saginaw box my new shaft rubbed and I didn't feel like clearancing 2 tubes so I just put my ramhorns back on it.

Hi All:

Checked with a buddy this weekend and he is happy with the Hedman block hugger headers he is using on his rig.

Alan

--------------------------------------------------------
I've got hedman block huggers on my Cruizer. They work well.