• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

largest tire on yota axles?

I have heard that the 5.71 gear sets are weak and dont hold up well at all. I want 5.29's its just a matter of cash flow and finding a deal.

5.29 set up correctly seem to be the strongest Toy gear set i have found. I wouldnt be scared to run 44's with toy axles. I personally have seen a front dig/burn on pavement with 44's 3rd gear smokin the tires lmao it was hell funny if you ask me and no problems.

I have heard that the 5.71 gear sets are weak and dont hold up well at all. I want 5.29's its just a matter of cash flow and finding a deal.

Have your diffs put together by someone who knows what they are doing and the 5+ gearsets will be OK. Pay good hard cash or bribe someone with beer or liquor, either way get it done right.

Have your diffs put together by someone who knows what they are doing and the 5+ gearsets will be OK. Pay good hard cash or bribe someone with beer or liquor, either way get it done right.

I think what you ment to say was 5+.29 will be ok. Cause 5.71 are junk and will beak on wet pavement. I don't care who set them up.

Odie hooked me up with a good price on 5.29s, and a spool for the rear. Then He took my Detroit for the front, and set up both 3rds. Exellent work, and a great guy to deal with. I have tried to put my foot through the floor on occasion, and still haven't broke anything.

Nope, pretty sure I meant 5+ gears; that covers the 5.71s as well as the 5.29s.

If you say so. As far as what littlecrawler said about runnin 44s on toy axles, it did take what we threw at it. It just didnt look rite.

Last edited:
Thats a good lookin rig:awesomework:. I think that a 37 sould be fine for me for now but may also go with a 39 if I find a deal. I will need to keep it some what legal for the road for now but should have a tow rig in the next few months then its all out from there:redneck:.

Wow i would say anything over a 38 or 39s your asking for trouble. No matter what they are made of, they are only a 30 spline axles and a 8 inch ring gear.

37s can be reliably run on a Yota axle. Anything bigger and the "Boom" will happen sooner or later. I have seen people get away with running 39s but their wheeling style was more about the crawl, than wheelspeed. Motor size has to be taken into consideration also.

Well I got a 22r-te and have removed more then I have add in the form of lbs. I dont smash the skinny much and I dont mud run just like to play in the trails and hill sides. I dont go really slow but I dont haul a$$ in the trails much. I plan on the front being open for now untill I get some longs down the road.

Please stay with a 33 or under.:rolleyes:

I have 33s on it now with the IFS and after the sas they will be way small. I just talked to guy here at work and he has a set of 35" SSR's he will sell me. They have one run on them and then he stepped up to a 38 on his jeep. I may just get those to save a buck untill I can beef up the axles.:awesomework:

Please stay with a 33 or under.:rolleyes:

why do you care? Is this your little piece of ass candy you have to babysit?

Back to the OP. Ring and pinion is weak. after upgrading the axles and hub gears the R&P is the weak link.

FYI, nobody runs over a 44 inch tire on Toy axles duh.:fawkdancesmiley::D

Hey I fixed it for you. Or was I the only one dumb enough to do that and wheel it, but I will add that the buggy was only 2600 lbs with 42s not sure with 44s