• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

largest tire on yota axles?

Hey I fixed it for you. Or was I the only one dumb enough to do that and wheel it, but I will add that the buggy was only 2600 lbs with 42s not sure with 44s

Certainly not the only one to do it. 42's on yota stuff. Probably weighed twice what your micro did. :haha:

work039.jpg

O ya it was never a worry with the 42s. Even after I blew the out put off the T case, the 44s had me a little worried the two times I took it out. The second time was bad cause Brandon(littlecrawler) thought it was a good idea to air it down by pulling cores as he ran around the rig needless to say he wasnt as fast as the air. So we wheeled with pretty much no air and the tires kept getting bound up. I cant belive nothing went boom.

Hey I fixed it for you. Or was I the only one dumb enough to do that and wheel it, but I will add that the buggy was only 2600 lbs with 42s not sure with 44s
40+ Tires and toy axles equals broken Ring and pinions, t-case outputs, high steer studs, locking hub studs, etc, ect. Did I leave anything out.:fawkdancesmiley::D

40+ Tires and toy axles equals broken Ring and pinions, t-case outputs, high steer studs, locking hub studs, etc, ect. Did I leave anything out.:fawkdancesmiley::D

You don't know what you are talking about, big tires on yota axles does NOT equal busted steering studs! :rolleyes:

Errrr fawk, yea it does.... Among a lot of other things... :haha:

I don't know I broke R&Ps due to the shock load of the T case but never broke hub studs or high steer studs on the buggy:awesomework:

O, but wait dosn't 40+ tires on 60s= spun housings and broken R&Ps. Or should I just say everything on 40+ skins breaks its just a matter of time.

Last edited:
I don't know I broke R&Ps due to the shock load of the T case but never broke hub studs or high steer studs on the buggy:awesomework:

O, but wait dosn't 40+ tires on 60s= spun housings and broken R&Ps. Or should I just say everything on 40+ skins breaks its just a matter of time.
My comment was directed at several users not just you Jeff:;. And for the record I never have broken a ring and pinion, as my 7.17s have lived a hard but still going strong life:eeek:. The phrase "everything breaks" applies here, some just break far more often than others.:rolleyes::D

Ok so this is off topic but........for those that run LPG how much do you have on your rig and how long can you go before you need a refill? How much if any power loss is there with LPG?

:fawkdancesmiley:Even though you like your yota ill let yuh ride shotgun in my jeep..:kissmybutt: Hell ill let yuh be my winch runner..lol

Well this died before it really got goin. I am selling the yota and axles together and goin back an XJ for the fact that I need a rear seat.:awesomework:

Well this died before it really got goin. I am selling the yota and axles together and goin back an XJ for the fact that I need a rear seat.:awesomework:

You sure about this? :redneck:

I like how even in the RC world the jeeps still fall apart and get out wheeled by IFS yotas:haha: Cool ass video these things are sweet :awesomework:

You sure about this? :redneck:

Ya I kinda dont really have much choice as I can only have soo many rigs at once and have too many as of now. The jeep will work for a while and I will have to work on the weak points as I go. I have done a few XJ's already and know a fare amount about them. Its kinda the dark side but you gotta do what you gotta do. Plus 84/85 runners are not cheap and Those who are selling them dont want to trade for my truck so until it sells I am stuck:booo: