• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Late 96 4.3 harness

Mog9buG

So I have a 12th month of 96 4.3. It came out of a blazer2,s-10. I don't know the difference between CPI,TPI, and whatever else was used during that era so I could use some info. I'm looking to use a old style TH 350 and realize that the computer "talks" to the engine and tranny. Since propane is not availble, is an aftermarket harness going to be my option? Howell, Jim's Per., Painless? Does anyone in Western Wa thin harnesses? :awesomework:Thanks!

Last edited:
When I sent my computer and harness to jim's performance, he asked what rans I was running and said he could delete the stuff for the 4l60e if I was running a th350 or manual. Mine is an 02 and I know they changed but I am sure Jim could tell you what needs done.

You can run propane, you need an HEI distributor and edelbrock carb conversion intake.

You can drop the post catalytic O2 sensors, evac system, EGR, and 4l60E controls. It is also best to get the computer reflashed, or it will have a check engine light. I am running a 99' harness and 97' computer and I didnt get it re-flashed, it runs well but there are always stored codes for the tranny, emissions and 02 sensors.

So I have a 12th month of 96 4.3. It came out of a blazer2,s-10. I don't know the difference between CPI,TPI, and whatever else was used during that era so I could use some info. I'm looking to use a old style TH 350 and realize that the computer "talks" to the engine and tranny. Since propane is not availble, is an aftermarket harness going to be my option? Howell, Jim's Per., Painless? Does anyone in Western Wa thin harnesses? :awesomework:Thanks!

The 4.3 in my buggy was also a late year 1996... I weeded out the harness myself, and the engine is mated to a Turbo 400... works like a champ. Shoot me a PM with your email, and I will send you a detailed list of the computer pin outs, and which wires go to where... I also have the notes of which wires I removed, and which wires I kept.

--
Todd

You can run propane, you need an HEI distributor and edelbrock carb conversion intake.

You can drop the post catalytic O2 sensors, evac system, EGR, and 4l60E controls. It is also best to get the computer reflashed, or it will have a check engine light. I am running a 99' harness and 97' computer and I didnt get it re-flashed, it runs well but there are always stored codes for the tranny, emissions and 02 sensors.

Thanks Turtle! Are you running a stock harness just thinned out heavily? So would you say that getting the reflash is the way to go?