• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Layin' Frame to Crawlin' Rocks

skweeks

So I bought the 94 in April of last year and turns out when I got it home the motor was bad. :wtf: Now I'm tired of it sitting there and much rather have a 3rd gen crawler. So here we go. :D
100_2389.jpg

100_2390.jpg

100_2391.jpg

100_2392.jpg

100_2393.jpg

This is after the first day.
100_2395.jpg

100_2396.jpg

Gittin' a set of axles with 4.88, bobby longs, lockers, tranny with dual cases, drivelines, and replacing the motor with another stock 22re

Future plans include a flatbed, stainless 30 gallon fuel cell (in progress), exo cage, paint, and other ****

I did a 2wd to 4wd conversion on a 3rd gen toy a few years ago. It was actualy prety easy. A lot less junk to cut off the frame than on a 4wd. Way to make good use of a 2wd. :awesomework:

Nice. I didnt realize you had those big azz notch's in the frame. I got a plan:stirpot: I know a guy thats got a toy rear already set up on a 3 link 1/4 eliptic that hes gonna be pulling out of his sami pretty soon that would take care of that frame problem:; Save the bed 2 for me huh.

That would be kick ass dude. Yeah I'll save the bed and grab some sheet metal from work. I'll even have the break guys bend some for the wheel wells. Hey will it be street legal with that set up? I was going to replace the missing frame piece then cut the rest of the notch out. Oh well **** it. When are we gonna go get that damn thing. You don't want to tear it apart, do ya? I'll try to do some more work this weekend and post some more pics.

Trying to get it together for next week. I get 4 days for mem. day. I'm swapping the motor and trans into the new tub and tradeing it for a really claen 89 suburban (tow rig). So the rear suspension can go under yours and the front and my spare rears going under craigs sami with the t-case gears.