• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Leaf sliders

traxx

I have been cruising around a few different sites doing some research for my sas and ran across people using leaf sliders, i did some searching and couldnt really find out how they actually worked although i have a idea on how and are there advantages of running them at different angles?

Just use a shackle.

Nifty sounding idea, but usually a sloppy, noisy, complicated idea.

Why reinvent the wheel? Even if you can? If it has no benifit, why do it?

Just researching them on Pirate. I have an application in mind for a set for my next [re]build, and I see the advantage if you need to keep things low, but I do agree with Choppy, if a Shackle will work for your application, the KISS philosophy kicks in.

I use them. They work great. No noise. No hang ups No issues. u just have to put a strip of teflon in them so the spring rides on the teflon not the bolt. I dont even use bolts I use a pin. and it does have a benefit at least for my short wheelbase my springs don't ever unload.

how does it affect articulation? id guess with it angled you would get more drop?

Well if you have a good length shackle with right angle you are definitely going to be getting more articulation. You are the biggest difference is you are moving on a linear axis instead of a radius. I like mine because I wheel a flat fender I have such a short wheelbase its nice having the extra stability.