• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Leaving for ELBE right now... sat 28th 8:30am

Rich1

I looked--I listened--I changed
Going to head upto Elbe right now, i'll be in the stock Rubicon if anyone wants to tag along or say hi... using a iphone along the way if someone wants to email me a message to say they're coming up also.

if the snow is too bad then i'll call it a day.

otherwise i'll be out / up there somewheres hitting the trails, my email is in my profile - scrambled phone number too. hope to see someone up there.

yeah Dogpound was up there in fullsize rigs. a few others.. too much snow and my Rubi sits too low so i ran a few trails and called it a day. still driving home now, but thought i should stop and post up whats up.

lots of pictures but i'm on the iphone right now.

later

alright a few pic's...

I was 1st to break snow, about 6 others decided to run to the end and head back towards camp and i thought i'd just head across camp and go for it.

was doing fine until i came across a bridge that was pretty covered with snow and it decided it wanted me to go one way and i disagreed. after some struggles, i pulled off trail to let some of Dog Pounders go by who had follwed me in. they got by and we were all back on the trail. Came out of sunrise and everyone headed back to camp. I was thinking about running mainline but the snow was pretty thick and still coming down. I called it a day and can look forward to a better time. and maybe the Rubi might get a little lift then too.

it was a fun morning though. better than sitting around the house at least.

Last edited:
some more... sliding right before the bridge... lol, I backed up and let Dog Pounders go by me and everyone decided to shovel and clear the bridge. The sides only had a 1inch catch to them. so it was pretty tricky keeping the rigs on and over this little bridge. but everyone made it across and all was good.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a good time. :cool:

Those bridges can be fun in the snow. How'd you do going over that rock at the beginning of sunrise? :corn:

well, i still got the jones in me for continue the day to wheel but thought smart this time and called it a day to avoid a disaster that may or may not of happened. theres always another day to go back. today it was time to come home and play it safe. anyhow... supposed to be a huge group up there tomorrow so maybe they'll mash the snow down or not, lol.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a good time. :cool:

Those bridges can be fun in the snow. How'd you do going over that rock at the beginning of sunrise? :corn:

That was part of it, so much snow and it was difficult to navigate the Rubi in all of it's stock glory form. But we *(shussh) pulled cable right from the start.

:haha:

But we were doing fine, just can't see crap covered in snow to be there in a stocker that sits so low and utterly defenseless, as far as oil pan, exhaust and tank breather... 3 stupid areas under the jeep that should of been better thought out. but i did fine and i'm safe warm and at home now.

:D

That was part of it, so much snow and it was difficult to navigate the Rubi in all of it's stock glory form. But we *(shussh) pulled cable right from the start.

:haha:

But we were doing fine, just can't see crap covered in snow to be there in a stocker that sits so low and utterly defenseless, as far as oil pan, exhaust and tank breather... 3 stupid areas under the jeep that should of been better thought out. but i did fine and i'm safe warm and at home now.

:D

Glad you made it out and safe.

As Far as JK's, yes in stock level there low and there are things that are in the way.
Skid Row skid plate takes care of the engine, trans and cross over pipe.
Look here for the rest http://www.4xfix.com/ He makes stuff just for the JK to relocate the Evap can, steering stablizer and other stuff.

Glad to see you made it back OK I was in the S10 at the campground

you mean this one?

how'd you guys do up there... sounded like you were all headed to Rainier Vista or Gotcha... I should of followed, but just wanted to play it safe.

Last edited:
that would be me.

We had a blast just enough snow to make it fun for all.
We ran mainline to busy wild extension, then to gotcha then back to the tow rigs.

I am so ready for the cold and snow to go away though, this is spring for crying out loud. HAHA

I am thinking of heading over there on April 4th.. I will have my jeep on a car trailer, and be towing it with an RV. Do you think this will be feasible, how are the main roads to the parking area?

I am thinking of heading over there on April 4th.. I will have my jeep on a car trailer, and be towing it with an RV. Do you think this will be feasible, how are the main roads to the parking area?

I would say roads should be just fine by then, but who knows with this GLOBAL effect of weather were still having right now. i watched a subaru or was it a SAAB drive up to the campsite. *(what the hell were they thinking?) a mini van pull away and that was with snow on the ground around 6-7inches to a foot. the roads were pretty much flat / with some ice / snow. i'd say in April they should be clear though, ok... mid April. lol...