• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LED - Flasher Issue

Cascade_Crawler

So I installed some LED taillights on my YJ and I've ran into an issue with my blinker....it doesn't flash, just stays solid. Its wired correctly and I assume the issue stems from the fact the LED unit has far less resistance than the stock tail light. Any tips on how to solve the problem? New flasher unit?

depending on the type of rig. It'll either flash rapidly or stay solid because it thinks it's warning you that a bulb is out.. You have to get a different relay. I had to get one for a Ford to stick in my Dodge :puke:

I found it in the toyota faq on pirate. Someone copied it from a jeep site. If you take your blinker relay apart theres a little chip. Terminal#7 is the bad bulb detect circuit. Just cut the trace leading to it and your good to go.

Just read about this in Jeep Ragazine.

Supposedly all you need to do is go buy an electronic version of the flasher. schuckels has several for around $10.00.

Haven't tried it though.

inside the flasher rela there should be several rsistors try bypassing the resistors one at a time untell you find the one that you need to remove for it to work:D

I had this issue when i had my ranger, i went to LED lights and all i did was go down to Radio Shack and buy a handful of resistors (they were cheap) and started soldering them in till I got the lights to work correctly.

Should be part number "EL-12." Variable Load Electronic Flasher. Does not have the "light out" warning feature.

Just got one at Schucks for $12.