• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

From the 2012 Commercial Drivers Manual: "You must have a CDL to operate:
"Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.
A combination vehicle with a gross combination weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds, if the trailer(s) has a GVWR of 10,001 or more pounds.
A vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver).

Any size vehicle which requires hazardous material placards or is carrying material listed as a select agent or toxin in 42 CFR part 73. Federal regulations through the Department of Homeland Security require a background check and fingerprinting for the Hazardous Materials endorsement. The background check can take up to six weeks. Contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at www.hazprints.com your local department of driver licensing for more information."

BMan said:
From the 2012 Commercial Drivers Manual: "You must have a CDL to operate:
"Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.
A combination vehicle with a gross combination weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds, if the trailer(s) has a GVWR of 10,001 or more pounds.
A vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver).

Any size vehicle which requires hazardous material placards or is carrying material listed as a select agent or toxin in 42 CFR part 73. Federal regulations through the Department of Homeland Security require a background check and fingerprinting for the Hazardous Materials endorsement. The background check can take up to six weeks. Contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at www.hazprints.com your local department of driver licensing for more information."

RV's, Motorhomes, Housecars......whatever you want to call them are exempt in most states but not all. In some states a camper can't be counted as weight against you as long as your tow rig is within it's limits. And as stated above, if you have tandem 7000 pound axles you are required to have a Class A CDL but is rarely enforced for private use or do like my old company and order 14k pound trailers "de-rated" down to 10k. I understand the safety aspect of some of it but it's just more BS for the states to make money! :flipgotcha:

Heres my tow rig loaded and ready to roll ! :driving:

2m81es7.jpg

zukimaster said:
Yea. I got a fat dumb buddy with Freightliner motorhome, air brakes and all the big ****! he has no cdl because its a personal rv

He's not fat....he's big boned ;D ....and a little :gay: for not goin to RBD

Call me stupid if you want to but you just deleted your truck.
Explain that to me. Just bought a 12 model 2500 dodge with a cummins

85buggy said:
Call me stupid if you want to but you just deleted your truck.
Explain that to me. Just bought a 12 model 2500 dodge with a cummins
I'm pretty sure he's talking about deleting the egr cooler or the dpf. Or maybe even both. You have to have a programmer that can turn the stuuf off in the computer as well.