• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

TacomaJD said:
Little comparison...I got to thinking about removing the molding and debadging....but for some reason I think I like it better with it all on there :dunno:

208917_4210835071339_1657606605_n.jpg

added a backglass decal too lol
208917_4210835071339_1657606605_n-1.jpg

JD I like the custom window decal. That is funny sheet right there. molaugh

Ghost said:
Just added leveling kit, 2012 factory wheels and some new Nitto's to my junk. Sure helped the looks IMO.

Before
7511958174_a830bff7f8_c.jpg

After
7517793188_0784310dae_b.jpg

7517793678_05c71eca1f_b.jpg

if u dont mind me asking where did ya get the 2012 wheels and whats the price and specs on them as in dia. and width ans apposed the ones you took off?

by the way i looks great imo :dblthumb:

my new ride.....2000 Powerstroke 4" lift, 35s, CAI, straight factory exhaust, 03-04 headlights, 2012 bed and door trim (painted to match and not in pics). Had a bunch of new parts on it, including the transmission.
DSCN4462.JPG

I have been wanting a Dmax, but after some long talks with the wifey, we decided it was better to spend less money on a tow rig and have money to do some stuff we have wanted to do. A friend of mine owned it and we know how he is with vehicles, which is a plus IMO. It should work well for me for a few years.

Brian

brian congrats on the truck, know you've been looking forever. That truck needs some 37's for sure!.

Have you seen any of the older trucks with the new 2011 SuperDuty front sheetmetal? One of my buddies just did that to his 2002 Expedition to update it. Look in my FB friends for Mark Fehrle or Slaughterhouse. He did a truck for a guy recently as well. Came out super slick.

ridenrace6 said:
if u dont mind me asking where did ya get the 2012 wheels and whats the price and specs on them as in dia. and width ans apposed the ones you took off?

by the way i looks great imo :dblthumb:

Thanks, I found them local on craigslist. The guy had just bought a new 3500 and wanted some bling and mud tires on it. He really didn't know what he had IMO, he was asking $750 but I got them for less. I want to say they are 7" wide but not 100%. I was concerned about the 12's fitting but ask a few people and they all told me they was the same pattern before I bought them.

Also just to add I looked daily on craigslist for a good 4 months and never saw a set of factory wheels for sale. I was really looking for something in the 07 range but got lucky finding the 12's.

FroggF350 said:
I was really impressed with the power this truck has under load.
It has the same tow rating as the Duramax... 15,800 lbs

Mine ain't as stought as that 8.1L I'm sure, but I did drive it to Auburn to pick up an axle (3 hr drive one way) and averaged 13.4 mpg and that's with a calculator, not the avg economy **** in the message center. That's also after I put the 20's and 33/12/50/20 tires on it. And if you really want to get technical, it really got better than that because the speedo is still prolly calibrated for the 245's that came on it from the factory if I had my guess....so maybe close to 14 real mpg's? Not bad at all.

Wyatt, I have seen those and have thought about updating the front end with just the new grill and such. I have read that the new fenders do not bolt up exactly and there are some other things that will need to be addressed.....too much work for a just a tow pig.

My Avy had the 8.1 in it....while it did have some power, I barely got 11-12mpg driving back and forth to work, pulling my trailer/rig....8-10 depending where I was at. The thing that hurt it was the 4L80...wish it would have had the Allison. Oh well

Mine has the allison, it gets 14.5-15 mpg driving on the interstate to work. 9 around town and towing my 18" with rzr but only 6.5-7 with big trailer jeep and rzr.