• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

!!! Liberty Is Open!!!

Gaylord

Liberty Ranger Station Says All Trails Are Open. Do Expect To Hit Snow Drifts On The Higher Trails But It's All Good. Thought You Fellas Wheelin Would Like To Know. Dwayne A Frind Of My Father Just Got Back From Talking With The Ranger Up There.

that dosent make any sense since the upper trails are closed until the middle of june by fish and wildlife for elk calving:eeek:

that dosent make any sense since the upper trails are closed until the middle of june by fish and wildlife for elk calving:eeek:

I think he means the upper part of the lower trails. I thought the same thing but just passed along what I was told.

Here is a link to the CleElumTrails site.

http://www.cleelumtrails.com/

Check out the Ranger report from Mikki as she goes into a little detail about some of the area.

Reminder that you need to stay on the trails also. We need to take care of what we have and follow the rules of use. If we are responsible for what we have then you will be doing your part to Keep the public lands public!

Finally just as confirmation. If you are going to run the 4w319 trail at Liberty you cannot go beyond the blacktop road on the 4w319. That is where the seasonal closure starts. This means that the stair steps on the 4w319 are out of bounds until after June 15th.

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!!

Rudi

Over the last few years I think the majority of the people who use Liberty have done a great job taking care to tread lightly, only a few areas I can think of that make you a little sick.
Make sure when you come itno the medow areas don't for any reason get your tires off the trail. I have seen over the years people like to pull off the trail for lunch in those ares but that is worst possible place to do so in the eyes of the enviromentalists.

BTW does anyone no the name or trail number for that new trail that has the straight up rock face at the end? I heard it is a open trail but I don't remember seeing any signage a coulpe years back.

Over the last few years I think the majority of the people who use Liberty have done a great job taking care to tread lightly, only a few areas I can think of that make you a little sick.
Make sure when you come itno the medow areas don't for any reason get your tires off the trail. I have seen over the years people like to pull off the trail for lunch in those ares but that is worst possible place to do so in the eyes of the enviromentalists.

BTW does anyone no the name or trail number for that new trail that has the straight up rock face at the end? I heard it is a open trail but I don't remember seeing any signage a coulpe years back.

The Trail you speak of Is named after the Jeep club that first devoloped it. They are named after a Major near by city. Also please note that the trail is not officially accepted by the FS. It is being considered for inclusion in the trail system. Not being official it must be considered closed.

The Trail you speak of Is named after the Jeep club that first devoloped it. They are named after a Major near by city. Also please note that the trail is not officially accepted by the FS. It is being considered for inclusion in the trail system. Not being official it must be considered closed.

So someone built the trail without permision? Wow
Okay I'll pass that on, we made the mistake of running it two years ago.
Scary trail cuase it was snotty at the time.

So someone built the trail without permision? Wow
Okay I'll pass that on, we made the mistake of running it two years ago.
Scary trail cuase it was snotty at the time.

Trail is from a long, long, long time ago. It was never included on the register. It has been now, but with the politic's of the Region it has to get approval. Now it's just a matter of time to see one way or the other.Let's hope for the best.

Trail is from a long, long, long time ago. It was never included on the register. It has been now, but with the politic's of the Region it has to get approval. Now it's just a matter of time to see one way or the other.Let's hope for the best.
Yeah roger that it's a short but fun trail I almost made it up the rock face. It's narley.