• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

liberty wheeling?

Its final headed to liberty monday night for a night run, then all day tues heading back wed. Pics to follow:beer:

Last edited:
I should be heading to liberty tomorrow morning and if I play my cards right hitting elbe on the way back home. I'll be in a black exo sas ranger with a blue yota buggy on pbrs and maybe a one ton yj. :beer:

Heading for liberty today through wed. Was wondering if any upper trails are open?

Last edited:
just got back from Liberty was an awesome 3 days. Absolutely no one there monday evening when we arrived, really suprised. There was a bronco loading up leaving. Talked for a minute. Ended up being the old monster garage bronco. One of the guys had to leave his bronco up on 329 overnight:mad: they were racing home to fab parts to extract. Looked like the steering shaft broke inside the box. The next morning we went to check look for it. He asked us if we found it please not take anything. Which we wouldent but wanted to make sure it hadn't been ****ed with, he stated he also was on nw wheelers. Looked undisturbed:awesomework: so we proceded on did almost all the open trails. Just me and 1 other rig. The other rig had to bail Tuesday so me and a friend piled in the cj and ran solo:mad:12 hrs of wheeling:D the trails were all ready a dust bowl. Found 1 tiny mud hole on 319 thats it. No rain lately at all. So today we packed up and went out solo again and tried the ranger station trail 324 again after no issues the day before. Went fine for a while and got into the second hillclimb which is nasty this year, and git to the rocky step out and pop went a rear hub:mad: hammered down and got over the top. Extreme puckering happened at the top of that one! Took a break to figure out what happened. Once figured out we limped back out on the front end. (Twin sticks). Shouldnt have been out solo to begin with :looser: loaded up the jeep and headed home. I. Curious to know how the bronco got out? Its not letting me upload photos from phone so will do it from computer tonight maybe. Great trip with no major issues. Covered a lot of miles:beer:

They got bigricks Bronco out by fabbing a tow bar. They all made it home Tuesday night. Thanks for checking on his rig. I'm sure if he sees this thread he'll add more details.

Thats what he said, they were gonna try and make som kind of tow bar. We went back that night to check on it and is was gone. Glad to see he got it home!

Last edited:
Took my rearend apart and found the inner hub gear was split in two!(full floater) At least its what I hoped was broke and not an axle. Thats what I get for tryin to run most the trails in 2low hammering down once in awhile, was not the best idea but was fun! The 319 up to the memorial was the funnest in 2 low. Spinning the whole way just inching its way up. Had to make a couple attempts to get over a root but was fun.

here are some pictures from our run last weekend, we didn't take a lot of pictures because we hardly stopped, the wheeling was pretty easy. :haha:
Mitch ready to wheel the diesel cj6, perkins diesel stock.

Mike getting after it in the 413 powered cj5.

Brent launching the JK, he did pr:awesomework:etty well and he found the rev limiter.

Mitch didn't make it up this hill.

Bill and his flatfender, 4.3 sounds like a v8.

Breakfast. :awesomework:

Looks like jebaue (spelling) orange cj? does the guy in the orange cj know the old guys known as F.O.G. (****ing old guys jeep club) or does he work at fsa?

Last edited:
So after the rear hub explosion, got to do a good cleaning and look over finally and found both motor mounts broken:mad: thought 1 was possibly cracked---front drivline was hitting crossmember on really bad uphills once and a while. Easy fix, already ordered from summit and will be ready in a couple days. Heading to evans or elbe fri the 27th for the day.