• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lifted Toy, Need local help with front driveline!

Update,

-Just pulled slip yolk, cleaned and regreased it.
-Drove it in 4lo and 4hi with hubs locked in. makes more of a thud/vibration now, so that makes me think the tone of the noise had to do with metal to metal contact and slop in the slip yolk (it was dry and is pretty worn). So the dry metal was clicking. Now that its isolated with greese, its more of a solid thud. But that was not actually causing the problem though.
-I tried to unlock either the drivers or the passanger side hub and only run it with one hub locked in, No funky noise or vibes? WTF? Now I am goin to go try to crawl up somthing with only one hub locked and see if it does it.
-Then, I need to pull this front end apart, weld it up and inspect the hubs and birfs.
-Then, baby the crap out of them till I get more $ for some longs.

I wouldnt be supprised if I got a bunk open diff and got some noise from the spider gears or somthing. I need to pull everything and see WTF is going on.

IT IS FIXED WHOOT!!!

First time since SASing it!

It took
-Another 84 OEM toyo solid axle cardon joint that I had laying in garage (was too short to instal with my lift so I never knew If the angle was good enough)
-Cutting down my brand new extra rear drive shaft for a tight slip spline and lower ujoint
-Welding them together

My parts/learning cost (lack of friends in the sport)
-1x medium flex joint/complete shaft, great shape-$25
-1x single ujoint rear shaft, ok shape-$40
-Cut, balance, new ujoints-$150
-1x maximum flex joint/complete shaft with crap slip spline-$50
-1x maximum flex joint with extended center shaft, worn center ball, worn slip spline, no lower ujoint or flange and transfercase flange-$100
-2x 6* shims-$35
-2x OEM hubs, made ZERO changes to noise-$125
-Cutting down my brand new $300 spare rear shaft
-Welding it up- $50

Total cost $925

I have as usable parts after all this
-1x bad ass extended max flex shaft with really tight joints and slip spline all the way around. I can go any comfortable speed offroad or in inclement weather in 4hi and 4lo.
-1x single ujoint shaft as trail spare (cant go over 7mph or ON throttle in 2nd gear or any speed any other gear with out CRAZY vibrations)
-Much more stiff steering and less wandery (caused by shims changing caster)
-2x hubs as trail spares+all hardware
-1x Pile of **** shafts, cut shafts with good joints and unusable shafts.

Im glad its over but I feel like a :looser: