• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Link'd up fatness....

Yes there is a ton more stress on the ends of the links with the inverted 4 link due to the lacking of any trianglation of 2 of the bars. I can't see any issue running bushings on a dual triangled setup..

crash said:
I can't see any issue running bushings on a dual triangled setup..

well,
be sure that any and all issues with it will be hashed out in public view as this thing progresses and is 'tested'....

MarcW said:
HIJACK- has anyone used poly bushings at all ends? my cutlass has a double triangulated 4 link with full poly bushings, control arms about 20" long, and it flex'es side to side and up and down very good without springs in it.

crash said:
Yes there is a ton more stress on the ends of the links with the inverted 4 link due to the lacking of any trianglation of 2 of the bars. I can't see any issue running bushings on a dual triangled setup..

so a 4 link with a double triangulated setup WILL work with poly bushings? i am looking to do my 4 link without 500 dollars of rod ends.

MarcW said:
so a 4 link with a double triangulated setup WILL work with poly bushings? i am looking to do my 4 link without 500 dollars of rod ends.

I'd still be real hesitant to build a link suspension w/ all spring-eye type bushings......it will bind.....and that WILL cause it to eat bushings....

and even w/ rod ends on just one end of the links, its still $$$...