• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Naches

jangel

I remember seeing a thread a while back tthat they were going to be closing the Little Naches till Juneish for wheeling and was wondering if this started this year? Is it just this area or others too?

I believe the Naches trail has been closing from the middle of Nov to the middle of June, the past few years

The westside of the Naches is closed every year from Nov. 15th to July 15th. The eastside has no restrictions other than you can not mess with the groomed snowmobile trails. I'm not sure when the grooming season is over.

Gooberment Meadows

Guiness-Brilliant.jpg

Since there was six feet of snow at moon rocks and funny rocks last weekend, doubt you would make it.

Back to the Little Naches (different than Naches Trail) question, I beleive nothing has changed yet. I will have Waycrazy post up. He was just at the TWIG meeting last night.

i made several phone calls last year to both the naches and cle elum ranger station regarding the naches wagon trail. the boundry cutoff point (if you start on the eastside) is supposed to be the first gravel road intersection before the government meadows. sure was frustrating to get about 1/8 mile before the cutoff and run into 20 or so rigs that presumably came from the westside...

i made several phone calls last year to both the naches and cle elum ranger station regarding the naches wagon trail. the boundry cutoff point (if you start on the eastside) is supposed to be the first gravel road intersection before the government meadows. sure was frustrating to get about 1/8 mile before the cutoff and run into 20 or so rigs that presumably came from the westside...

That would be because they (the westside rangers) no longer give a **** about signing the trail closed. Was told this in person last fall by one.

That would be because they (the westside rangers) no longer give a **** about signing the trail closed. Was told this in person last fall by one.

We (pnw4wda) sign the trail closed and open. Westside rangers do patrol the snowpark with the snowmobilers and better not catch any wheeled rigs on the groomed snow. The white river anger station has handed over policing the trail from the eastside all the way to the cabin to the yakima county orv sheriffs and the naches ranger district and they do patrol it when it is open.

I called the Naches Ranger District to make sure I give you all the correct info. Little Naches recreation area is going to be open as usual for camping . Unless there is extreme damage do to snow,windfall, or otherwise . This decision will be made by the U.S.F.S. . Also the Naches Pass Trail will be open as it has been in years past . Unless the U.S.F.S. decides that there is potential for damage do to wet condition's,snow or runoff.
The Phone # for the Naches Ranger District is
509-653-1400