• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lock-Right question?

chickenwing

ok i got a xj with a dana 30 in the front with a lock right. The locker wont disengage. It just wants to plow going into corners on road. Its not my DD but I do drive it to the trail and work every now and again. So my question is do you think if I replace the pins and springs this will fix my problem.

Nope, it will drive like that. I just took the lock-right out of my dana 30 because I was tired of it's on road mannerisms. Makes me miss my 4-runner.:booo:

What does takin the thrust washer out do? The thing has worked fine for over 2 years. I guess i could just buy another POS locker and get a couple years out of it. I dont wanna spend more money than i have to polishin that turd (dana 30)

I had a Lock right in the front of my Sammy and had the same problem.Tore it apart and found the pins broken which makes it locked up all the time.Replaced the pins and springs and it turned fine with the hubs locked and in 2 wheel drive.

I had a Lock right in the front of my Sammy and had the same problem.Tore it apart and found the pins broken which makes it locked up all the time.Replaced the pins and springs and it turned fine with the hubs locked and in 2 wheel drive.

Thats what I was thinkin that the pins broke because it was a day after hard wheeling. I guess I just need to tare it apart and see if there broken. I have never messed with puttin one in had it installed with the gears.

Sorry for high jacking your thread:eeek:,But where would one get replacement pins for a Lockrite:mad:.I live in Auburn???????Thanks in advance to all that respond.:cheer:

I will have the locker out tomorrow,I'll see if I might need a new one(locker),Before I order pins.Thanks for the heads up.:awesomework:

Well the pins are broke,bad news is the drivers are bad,thats were the pins go in.So I was wondering if you can just get the centers:haha::haha::haha:Well if anybody knows that would be great.:booo::booo:

Well the pins are broke,bad news is the drivers are bad,thats were the pins go in.So I was wondering if you can just get the centers:haha::haha::haha:Well if anybody knows that would be great.:booo::booo:

AFAIK, you can't buy any other individual parts other than the pins/springs. Time for a new one.

just checken,Maybe someone has some layin around,or a good locker they don't need.Common baggen here.:booo::booo::booo:

Wheres all the lunchbox wheelers?

Any time someone here asks about lockrights/aussies/quicklocs/lunchbox lockers I always chime in and say they are ****in JUNK, WASTE of money, JUNK.

At least 20 folks on here always chime in to tell me how happy they are with their locrite and I dont know what Im talking about. Where are ya guys? Tell me how baddass that stripped teeth, broken pin, wallered carrier pin busting POS is now.

****in junk, no matter what the name is, get a real locker or just leave it open.

I have a dana 30 lockright. It has broken pins but every thing else is good. I drove it on the street too much and didn't like its manners (or the broken pins). I had a lunchbox in my V8 toyota for years with no failure, it worked great-there you go Chop.