• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Long Travel GM questions

Because "coming up short" in your RZR was such an awesome experience. You want to take that to the next level?

Just bustin balls, I was in Vegas and checked out a couple of prerunners. I would be all in if I lived out west.

Isn't long travel chevy ifs kinda like a XXL hamster ****?

Jus sayin.... For the money spent on a bolt on kit why not build something that will soak up serious air?

Not that I have first hand knowledge but it just seems to me that a ttb type setup could handle more?

Interesting, after my trip out to KOH this year, I kinda have the go fast(er) bug. I'm thinking 2wd (I know, I know....), rear engine. I'd like a sand rail for the wheelies and jumping, but a truck seems more practical.(If you wanna call it that)........ I have seen where somebody chopped the front a arms and just extended them, not sure if they upgraded the BJ's to heims or uniballs, but it makes for interesting reading/day dreaming. I have no use for one where I live, but that don't mean I don't want one........

IckyBee and I texted a bunch the otherday. Sorry just found this post.

He has two 4wd's. The Vegas fab kit is/was built by the Dixon Bros.
http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/112/6/
$3995 + call it $1500 for coilovers. Thats just your frontend.

This is the most notable truck with that kit that I know of.
99-06%20chevy%204wd%20lt7.jpg

Here is the Offroad mag write up on that truck. Yes it is RED now.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/1204or-2005-gmc-sierra-4x4-red-baron/
1204or-05%2b2005-gmc-sierra-4x4-red-baron%2b2005-gmc-sierra-4x4-offroading.jpg

Now on the rear, a Mazzulla Shackle and hanger kit is $700, and Deaver F87's $800., then another $1500 for Bypasses. Add in Bed cage.

So here is my take, granted IckyBee already has the text message version.
I drive a long travel Silverado everyday 18" front and rear travel. It absolutely puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it. Slow down for what!!! Serious, I dont check up for anything in that truck, and the sailing, oh lawd the sailing, when the truck settles after coming down and you get the "G's" from the rebound kicking in, oh lawd!!!
So with how much money it costs to do a long travel, plus tires, wheels, fiberglass, paint. I would never bolt new parts on an old truck.
If thats what you want, is an old longtravel truck. Sell your current old truck, and spend the money on buying a used long travel truck thats already built off of Race-Dezert or DezertRangers, or DezertSilverados, etc...
On the other hand you could fix and sell your old truck, and use the proceeds to pay for a legit LT setup on your current daily driver, of which you will likely never ever sell.

And I know Ricky doesnt want to spring for fiberglass and paint, you aint fitting 37's on stock fenders unless you are sawzalling the wheelwells out.

Heres what I started with a 2wd 6.2l 2013 Silverado. I got the truck for $31k, w/19k miles and dumped a ton of money into it, But am still under the cost of a new off the dealerlot Raptor. So a much more capable offroad truck, thats better looking, and you cant just walk into the finance dept, and drive off the showroom floor.
BA8E3F73-D196-4461-A77C-9799CDF0002E_zpshgiqihee.jpg

and it looks like this now. And has gone everywhere the 4wd Raptors have gone in mud and deep silt. And all I have is an eLockered rear
EF4B79BF-8F62-44C2-AB15-E93E8D4B0C4F_zpsopja2dde.jpg

RTF15_zps16vj82xa.jpg

9F22B178-4087-499B-A95A-3989EC4AF91C_zpsdi11qurd.jpg

Stuffed
trr_zpsofijwqn8.jpg

Re:

They do make a cantilever setup for under the bed now where you can run big shocks and not have the bedcage I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Bumpers said:
They do make a cantilever setup for under the bed now where you can run big shocks and not have the bedcage I believe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thats what I have on my truck. Cantilever with 3.0 Kings all under the bed.
371A395F-9827-47E3-A6BB-8197D8D9ADEE_zpsvlr7q6ct.jpg

As for video, I really dont. Some guys caught me on a cell phone at Raptoberfest back in October hitting some dumb ****.

555 Mazzulla truck Raptoberfest 2015

Re:

You are definitely on my most interesting people to meet list of the forums. Cool **** regardless of budget.....not just on the high side either, see 24 hours of Lemons thread.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Since I'll be moving to Sugar Land in May I'm gonna have to come check out that truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this....wow....so much want:

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR_SALE:2017-Chevy-4WD-Prerunner-147476

bbone said:
After reading this....wow....so much want:

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/FOR_SALE:2017-Chevy-4WD-Prerunner-147476

I have a buddy in Disco bay if you need a set of eyes? :****:

ADMINISTRATOR

Latest posts