• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Longbeach, or ---?

Ty.

I am thinking about heading to the ocean this weekend. Possibly staying in a motel. I might take the Willy's just to drive the beach.

I would like to do some fishing from shore.

Do any of you guys have any tips for me? Locations, bait, gear, etc?
What can I expect to catch?

I am thinking about heading to the ocean this weekend. Possibly staying in a motel. I might take the Willy's just to drive the beach.

I would like to do some fishing from shore.

Do any of you guys have any tips for me? Locations, bait, gear, etc?
What can I expect to catch?
crabs:flipoff:. i like longbeach but i think ocean shores has more beach to drive?

Ocean Shores will be ridiculous this weekend. All the yuppies going on their one camping trip of the year because of the holiday weekend. Good luck my friend.

Go to longbeach :cheer:
For lunch, go to Debbies and have the Big Phill Oyster Burger:redneck:

That's right bitches......I got a burger named after me:fawkdancesmiley:

Go to longbeach :cheer:
For lunch, go to Debbies and have the Big Phill Oyster Burger:redneck:

That's right bitches......I got a burger named after me:fawkdancesmiley:

I think I have eaten at Debbies, good crabs, but there is no way I am eating anything that was named after you.:fawkdancesmiley::puke:

The boardwalk cottages are a great place to stay, I use them for a work motel all the time, but probably kinda late to get in on a holiday weekend...

If you are heading to Longbeach, bring the wheeler, and charge people tp pull them out of the soft sand. The sand is much softer then the beaches further north and have seen many more people stuck in the sand there, including a buddy that was with me :haha:

If you are heading to Longbeach, bring the wheeler, and charge people tp pull them out of the soft sand. The sand is much softer then the beaches further north and have seen many more people stuck in the sand there, including a buddy that was with me :haha:

Yea, I had fun pulling people out last time I was there. I guess the plan is to just take the wifes Jimmy. I'll have to play it a little safer.:D
Still no tips on fishin'?

Best tip i can give about fishing is to pick a spot, grab a surf rod, bait it with some clam necks and cast as far as you can.

I have not fished the ocean beach in many years but thats what worked for me.

On a side note, i was driving down the beach once and seen this jeep TJ stuck on a log onthe beach. Th driver flagged me down and asked for a tug to get unstuck (he was high centered) I said sure, then his girl friend told me she kept telliing him to stop he was going to get stuck amd he kept going. I informed her "it was a jeep thing and she would not under stand", and he came back and gave me high five :haha::haha::haha:

Best tip i can give about fishing is to pick a spot, grab a surf rod, bait it with some clam necks and cast as far as you can.

I have not fished the ocean beach in many years but thats what worked for me.

On a side note, i was driving down the beach once and seen this jeep TJ stuck on a log onthe beach. Th driver flagged me down and asked for a tug to get unstuck (he was high centered) I said sure, then his girl friend told me she kept telliing him to stop he was going to get stuck amd he kept going. I informed her "it was a jeep thing and she would not under stand", and he came back and gave me high five :haha::haha::haha:

Funny story.. I get into a lot less trouble when I listen to my wife.:awesomework:

Also, thanks for the fishing tips, I'll try that.:cool:

There is a restaurant right across the street, you can buy all you want and they even cook the fish for ya, its like magic!!:cheer:

With my luck at fishing, I will probably be going there at some point.:redneck:

crabs:flipoff:. i like longbeach but i think ocean shores has more beach to drive?

Ocean Shores has about 5 miles of drivable beach. Longbeach is the Worlds Longest Drivable beach. It has 23 miles of drivable beach. Ocean Shores is a small joke. The last time I was there a ranger pulled me over and told me that I had to stay on the "hard sand" and could not drive into the soft stuff. I argued that I was no where near the dunes/wildlife section. He interupted me and told me NO SOFT SAND DRIVING! fyi I was no where near the dunes, maybe 30 feet off of the hard "road" part of the beach. That was the last time I went there.

Last edited: