• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LOOK HPO - Benefit Cancer Ride - August 18-19 2012

LymannRea

I'm reaching out to the entire offroad community for this benefit ride. The ride is for a very special friend of mine, Donnie "Red" Pounders. Red taught me as a teenager to drive my first 4x4 and has been a father type figure to me for as long as I can remember. He was diagnosed with Cancer just after HPO'S grand opening, after several surgeries and kemo and radiation it went into remission. I got the heart breaking call last month that the Cancer has returned and he has to start all over with the treatments and additional surgeries. He was at a private ride at HPO just before we opened, that was pretty much his last time to get out and really ride in his old 79 Ford. If you look on you tube at the video of everyone coming off the hill from the shop he was the one with the blue 79 Ford truck. I will post more info about what were going to have going on as I get it. I think I have a band lined up but its not for sure, so if you know of anyone who would like to donate their time to play this event please contact me. If anyone wants to get involved with this ride other then just coming to ride you are welcome to contact me also. Also there is gonna be a motorcycle ride held in conjunction with our ride that will end at HPO that night. I know what we can accomplish when we all pull together lets help this Brother and his family out. Thanks so very much! My contact info is 256-412-0596

Re: HPO - Benefit Cancer Night Ride - August 18, 2012

Linked to calendar. If you don't find a band, I'll be happy to DJ, or Drunk Magnet (aka Karaoke).

JohnG said:
Linked to calendar. If you don't find a band, I'll be happy to DJ, or Drunk Magnet (aka Karaoke).

Thanks John I'll get with ya this weekend, see ya then.

Let me know what I can do Lyman. I have another event early that day but should no problem be able to make the nite ride. Just let me know what I can do to help.
Text/call 256-415-4268. Brent

civicmindedex79 said:
Let me know what I can do Lyman. I have another event early that day but should no problem be able to make the nite ride. Just let me know what I can do to help.
Text/call 256-415-4268. Brent

Thanks Brent will do!

Come on guys get behind this ride, its a great opportunity to give back a little!

Ok Y'all we've made some changes to the Benefit ride. It will no longer be just a night ride. The park will open Saturday morning at 8am and close Sunday afternoon at 5pm. The rate for the weekend due to the benefit is 25.00 for driver and 15.00 on the passenger, that gets you through Sunday afternoon. There will be an organized night ride Saturday night. We will be doing a 50/50 drawing for cash and prizes. The concession stand will be doing White Beans with Ham and Cornbread and fried corn Saturday. There is a motorcycle ride in conjunction with our ride that will leave from Customized Cyclez in Tuscumbia Al at 1pm and arriving at HPO around 2pm. We wont know about our musical guest till last minute due to he's on tour in Europe as we speak, if he don't make it John Galbraith has been kind enough to volunteer to DJ and provide Karaoke for your entertainment. I would ask that everyone gather at the concession stand around 2pm for the drawing, music and social. Also Mark Smith is gonna speak Briefely on the type of Cancer "Red" has. All procedes will go to "Red" from this benefit, please come out and support this Brother in need. Special thanks to Mark Smith and HPO, John Galbraith, Trackside Cafe, Customized Cyclez, Eddie Staggs and everyone who has helped bring this Benefit to life.

PROVERBS 17:17 NLT
A friend is always loyal, and a Brother is born to help in a time of need.

Lyman I am still gonna try and make it that night but have got a family event all day that day. If I can help with anything that evening or if you need to bring anything in that evening let me know.

nealcj8 said:
I'll be there have they got the adapters for the campers yet or do I need to bring one

I would plan to bring one or contact Brannon H. (Wannabecrawler), he was going to order some for the park. I don't know if they came in. If you go get one, it is not a "standard".

You need:

Male 50 amp to female 30 amp.

The reverse of that is the common adapter.

Thanks Guys for your support, I know what we can do when were all on the same page. Red is a great "Ol Dude" and I really wanna help him out. Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.