• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lookin for a bender ...help me out

tomcat

hey guys....i just got my tax's back and im looking for a tube bender i have 700 for one and i dont know what to get and what i need...i was looking at pro-tool's 105 and the JD site ....hows that pro-tool 105?
what die set do i need for doing Exo and tube doors and stuff like that?
can i get a good bender + shiping for a 700?

what die set do you use? and bender

I spent $720 for the JD2 with a 1 3/4 5.5r die and the extension handle(dont waste your money its just box tubing) and shipping. The only reason I went this route is because Theres a guy locally with the JD2 so I got a die that he didnt have so we could share. I've heard good things about the pro tools bender though and probably would have bought it if it wasnt for convinience of sharing dies. I also have the pro- tools notcher but havent used it yet.

I've used a JD squared for many years. The quality of the bends is amazing. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the brand. Its one of the few tools that works as good or better than promised. The only negative thing is that he's in Florida which adds to shipping time.

The price of the bender is nothing compared to the price of dies; watch that-thats what will kill you.

Once in a while you can find a sprint car magazine in the stores. They're loaded with ads for benders, notchers and other similar equipment.

Good luck and have fun!

I just pickup up a JD2 Bender, 1 3/4" die, and notcher for 830 shipped, guy on ebay is selling them in several different package deals...

i have a pro-tools 105 with the degree ring and a 1.75 die. i got mine from keithflux over on pirate, he was cheaper than pro tools themself, and http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=productview&productid=162 has a setup to mount a harbor freight hydro kit to it for $78. if you get both of those you dont need the stand or the extended handle (which is just piece of square tubing)

my bender and notcher showed up last week, the JD2 is definately beefy, and appears to be exactly what everyone describes it as, NICE!! I also got the JD2 notcher, witch looks like it will work, but not quite as nice as the bender. I'm going to be picking up some DOM today and build a bumper, i opted NOT to get the handle, OR the stand, both of which are overpriced and you can just make your own on the cheap.:cool:

so i've used the bender, then bought bend tech pro and man it's definately worth the $$. The amount of time, thought, and tubing saved is well worth it. If you say you don't need it you haven't used it:D