• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking at buying a JD2

FunNmuD

I am looking at buying a jd2 but I am welling to spend a little more if there is a better one then the hydralic JD2.

Any suggest not going to get in to the price of a tube shark. Under $2K

JD squared is the top of the line.

Don't spend the money on the degree ring and don't spend your money on the hydraulic power kit, you really don't need them.

The bender (frame and die holder) is actually the cheap part. It's the dies that will kill you as each differant bend radius and each differant diameter requires you to purchase a new set.

Good luck Bro':awesomework:

i've got a manual jd2 bender, it works great, the degree ring isn't accurate though so there is lots of double and triple checking, i have to "recalibrate" it for every bend, and it seems to always be off by a degree or 2. but it's more about operator skill than the degree ring, like tig said, you don't need the ring.

There are a couple vendors on pirate4x4.com that can get you decent deals on the JD benders, look around on there if you have a chance.

I actually just received a price from one the venders on Pirate. Further looking looks like the JD2 is the way to go for the price. Thank you for the info on the ring I will not bother with it.

just get a manual JD2 and then go get urself a 8 ton long travel (cherry picker) air over hydro cylinder for like $80 from harbor frieght, add air and u are good to go.:awesomework:

I just picked up one of the Pro Bender Brute benders. 599.00 already hydraulic plus dies. It is a vertical bender and can roll around your shop. :awesomework:

I am not sure which one you are talking about.

105b The Brute is 1599 plus dies????

Or are you talking about the little mobile one HMP200

hmp200.jpg:

I found the dxf file thats floating around on pirate and had my own JD2 arms cut local. Then bought some pins from the tractor supply place...bought a hydro ram from surplus store, and spent all my $ on dies.

it was a smoking deal and some one jumped on it as usual.
It was posted at 3:15, I emailed and 3:40 and got no response, I then looked about 8 pm and it was not listed anymore.

Oh well next one

BTW how do you like the brute bender there 1982cj7? I was comparing that to the JD and if I remember right the dies are cheaper also.

it was a smoking deal and some one jumped on it as usual.
It was posted at 3:15, I emailed and 3:40 and got no response, I then looked about 8 pm and it was not listed anymore.

Oh well next one

BTW how do you like the brute bender there 1982cj7? I was comparing that to the JD and if I remember right the dies are cheaper also.

It works well, i have only made a couple of bends on it so far. It uses Trick Tools dies, or you can get for jd dies if you already have some. Pro Bender gives 15% off the dies with the pirate code.