• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a driveline shop

Maybe its my southern accent:redneck::redneck::redneck:. I called 5 shops 3 of them wanted between $120 to 140 just to lengthen not balancing. That's what prompted me to post, seems outlandish.

Keep in mind, when you lengthen a DL, the whole tube gets replaced...hence the cost....:awesomework: It also depends on the dia and thickness of material being used...
++++++Nobody's mentioned Ritch at Driveline Service in B'ham...he can ship--- (360) 734-7828 :awesomework:

What's the overall length (flange to flange compressed) you're looking for??? Might just have a deal for you...:corn:

Totally forgot about your offer. I dropped mine off yesterday at Drivelines NW in Fife yesterday. Will be just under $100 to lengthen it, no balance. Should be able to comment on quality later today.

Called this guy. He wanted $140 to 160, don't remember which. To lengthen and not balance. Guy says "If it needs replacement part I only use Splicer and other American made, it my shop." So I says "ok."
Dave is kinda gruff and you must have rubbed him the wrong way or been a whiner on the phone (he dont like the phone). But he is Good and Cheap, for most of us.
Thats crazy yelm has done my shafts and a buddies and was always has had a good price.

You must have walked in the door and been cool.:awesomework:

:beer::beer:

Dave is kinda gruff and you must have rubbed him the wrong way or been a whiner on the phone (he dont like the phone). But he is Good and Cheap, for most of us.

You must have walked in the door and been cool.:awesomework:

:beer::beer:

Yeah cause "whinering" is a frequent problem for me. At my age if I gotta "play cool" I'm just not interested in paying the guy my money. His loss not mine. Or maybe his business is booming so he don't need new customers, I don't know and don't care.

Had a nice shake down run yesterday