• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a new Tool Box

Speaking of pulling the drawers out. Make sure you pull the drawers all the way out. I didn't realize for about a month after I got mine that the drawers do pull out right to the back. They all stopped about 3" short until I pulled a bit harder to get them all the way open. Once I did it's all good now. It was a PITA getting sockets and stuff from the back of the drawers until I realized that. I figured that was just the price of buying a cheaper box. LOL

Re:

Im in the same boat.. want a decent box but im not a mechanic and having thousands tied up in just a box would make no sense whatsoever for me. Guess I need to take a ride down to hf and check them out

I want to check out the drawers. Most of the "cheap" (5-1k$$) seem to have crappy sliders and mechanisms.

Re: Re: Looking for a new Tool Box

I spent all saturday looking at "bargain bin" boxes and reading reveiws. After looking and researching I think this box was the best/most box for the buck. For 641 after tax I think itll be just fine for a light use garage box
8cd8f52c9f91754648e1bec790251524.jpg

a28513232cad3de9e05eafea619a8bbc.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Looking for a new Tool Box

Bumpers said:
I spent all saturday looking at "bargain bin" boxes and reading reveiws. After looking and researching I think this box was the best/most box for the buck. For 641 after tax I think itll be just fine for a light use garage box
8cd8f52c9f91754648e1bec790251524.jpg

a28513232cad3de9e05eafea619a8bbc.jpg
That's nice!

Nice tool box Bumpers. I thought about that one long and hard before going with the harbor freight box. It will be just fine for a small house garage.

I was following this thread from the start. I have been helping my neighbor on the weekends plow snow. I took everything he paid me and put in an envelope until I had enough for a toolbox. After hearing all of your positive comments on Harbor Freight's US General boxes I went and checked them out. I picked this up last week for $1,316 tax and all. It's the 56" box with top. It's pretty solid and I know it will last me a lifetime. Thanks for helping me make a decision.
IMG_20150221_002626.jpg