• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for classic toys for my kids..... What was your favorite toy?

TBItoy said:
Ha I cocked my damn Ithaca so much that I'd get blisters on both thumbs then I'd have to switch to cocking with my index finger.

I shot mine this morning actually. Cci quiet 22 good for whacking irritating ass birds beating on my damn porch in the morning.

I shoot CB shorts, so slow you can hear a significant delay between gunfire and target impact lol. Like a big BB....So I thought. I honestly thought they were weak enough to NOT kill a stray dog that camped out on my porch howling loud as hell one night, but I was wrong. I got up, wheeled outside with the little .22 in my power chair (I don't wear my leg to bed), kicked the dog so it would run away a good distance before shooting to minimize velocity, popped one shot and he hit overdrive and ran across the field in front of my house yelping like hell. Now I gave him multiple hard kicks from my powerchair on 2 different occasions prior, but he would run off, come right back to my porch and howl again loud as hell at 4am when I was trying to go to sleep RIGHT beside my bedroom window....but sure enough, got up the next day for work, sumbitch had came back and was laying in the grass underneath my truck about dead, barely could move, with a small bloody spot on it's side. I was already gonna be pushing it to make it to work on time that day and really didn't know what to do with it, so I put him in the trunk of the Saturn and dropped him off on a backroad 5 minutes from the house and went on to work. Dammit, I felt so bad! Still feel bad everytime I think about it. I went by where I dropped him off that night after work and he wasn't there, so either he went somewhere on his own, or somebody else picked him up. We'll just assume something miraculous happened, he survived, and went on to bone plenty bitches and make babies.....Lol. Turrible story! I hate even telling it bc it makes me sound shitty, but I was running out of options.

Re: Re: Looking for classic toys for my kids..... What was your favorite toy?

TacomaJD said:
I shoot CB shorts, so slow you can hear a significant delay between gunfire and target impact lol. Like a big BB....So I thought. I honestly thought they were weak enough to NOT kill a stray dog that camped out on my porch howling loud as hell one night, but I was wrong. I got up, wheeled outside with the little .22 in my power chair (I don't wear my leg to bed), kicked the dog so it would run away a good distance before shooting to minimize velocity, popped one shot and he hit overdrive and ran across the field in front of my house yelping like hell. Now I gave him multiple hard kicks from my powerchair on 2 different occasions prior, but he would run off, come right back to my porch and howl again loud as hell at 4am when I was trying to go to sleep RIGHT beside my bedroom window....but sure enough, got up the next day for work, sumbitch had came back and was laying in the grass underneath my truck about dead, barely could move, with a small bloody spot on it's side. I was already gonna be pushing it to make it to work on time that day and really didn't know what to do with it, so I put him in the trunk of the Saturn and dropped him off on a backroad 5 minutes from the house and went on to work. Dammit, I felt so bad! Still feel bad everytime I think about it. I went by where I dropped him off that night after work and he wasn't there, so either he went somewhere on his own, or somebody else picked him up. We'll just assume something miraculous happened, he survived, and went on to bone plenty bitches and make babies.....Lol. Turrible story! I hate even telling it bc it makes me sound shitty, but I was running out of options.
Monster! Lmao. Thanks for the laugh this early on in the morning though

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

These were some of my favorite toys, fisher price adventure people, you can still find them in great shape on ebay (don't ask me how i know that) they are tough as nails!

Re:

Baseball glove, street hockey because we lived on a real slow street on a suburb and I also spent a **** ton of time with a casting plug on my fishing pole just practicing in the back yard. I could spend hours casting into the grass just waiting for a chance to go fishing. My grandparents got me into golf at a really early age and I spent a lot of a time chipping golf balls at the trees in the backyard. Me and my brother still do that but now the losers gotta go buy beer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Neal3000 said:
These were some of my favorite toys, fisher price adventure people, you can still find them in great shape on ebay (don't ask me how i know that) they are tough as nails!

Is that a 747 cage on that Jeep?

MODEL CARS. booyang. Lets the imagination flow once you get enough "spare parts" from several builds to start your own customizing. Kept me busy and out of trouble during the times 'I had to be inside.
For outside, baseball and glove, bicycle and or BB gun for the win.

My girls have all the things I wasn't allowed to have or play with. Ruined them in a way. You always want what you can't have. So we have or have had go carts, golf carts, half a dozen motor bikes, 4 wheelers, guns, sling shots and bows.

I killed a ton of animals when I was young and I look back feeling terrible about it. So maybe that was to teach my girls and other youngins to kill only what you eat unless it's a cat.

The winner in our fam is the trampoline though. That thing has brought so many great memories. Between kids living at our house over the years and running the sprinkler under it in the summer time, it has been the greatest next to the swing set.

As for toys when I was young was the whole cast of the A team including the van and my bike. I lived outside as a kid

ranger11 said:
This. My dad(wasn't around much) taught me so much when I shot a bird with my bb gun. He was like damn son that was a good shot, then he asked was I gonna eat it. I said no. He told me I was. I will say blue Jay's don't taste good. To the day I only kill what I plan to eat. Many lessons can be taught with a bb gun.

I respect that. I am the same way. Only way I will kill something I'm not going to eat is to protect my pets. Killing small animals for no reason other than to kill them is a sign of a sociopath. My dad shoots **** in the yard for fun. Pisses me off. He's been teaching my nephew to do the same thing so I teach him the direct opposite and tell him papaw isn't always right.

Lincoln Logs, GI Joe, and Stompers. I used so many batteries in those stompers! And GI Joe had the vehicles too. I had the dune buggy and a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was about 10 years old I asked my parents for only gi joe for christmas and they did it I had both airplanes the f14 tomcat and the a-10 warthog. Man i got so much stuff it was awesome wish I still had all of them
Also had the building sets that you could build shyscrapers they were fun but were aggravating

Criss, Cross, Crash. For the ones that dont know what it is, it was pretty much a figure 8 track for Matchbox cars. I used to spend hours annihilating cheap cars on that thing. It got to a point where my parents would only let me play in one room in the house that didn't have much in it, because if you got those things going fast they would launch across the room when the crash finally happened.

TacomaJD said:
How old are your kids?

My ole lady's little boy is turning 8 in a few weeks and we are kinda out of suggestions on things to get him, he already has too much and lately has been grounded from it all for a few bad grades. She wants to get him a trampoline, which I am kinda for and against, as is she. We know he'd like it, I used to jump on the trampoline a lot and loved every minute of it. But we never had one at my house, my parents never would buy one. Always jumped on the neighbors'. But it's only a matter of time before he falls off, breaks an arm or leg, and racks up some hospital bills.....so we really don't know what we're gonna get him for his bday this year.
Recess the trampoline into the ground so the fall isn't as far

Didnt have alot of cool toys when i was a kid but i loved my stompers and my bb gun and slingshot but probably the best is a boardgame, i am next to the youngest of 4 kids so i loved playing monopoly or yahtzee or connect 4. Get to spend alot of time interacting with your family which is what this new generation totaly lacks and its competitive, i think more families should do this instead of everyone being on their phone or tablet all night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightBnDr said:
The winner in our fam is the trampoline though. That thing has brought so many great memories. Between kids living at our house over the years and running the sprinkler under it in the summer time, it has been the greatest next to the swing set.

One of my fondest memories at my grandma's was a sprinkler set beside the trampoline so it cascaded down on it while we jumped in the summer time! :dblthumb:

paradisepwoffrd said:
Recess the trampoline into the ground so the fall isn't as far
Or take your panties off and put your children at risk. Lol

My next door neighbor had a recessed rectangular. I thought it was super cool!! Then it rained like a B in the spring and that awesome tramp turned into a mosquito breeding zone. My parents complained constantly about it. We all thought it sweet to bottom out into a pool of stagnant water. Lol