• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for new ESC

Knok2222

Im thinking I should get a differant ESC. I currently have an EVX modded for single battery and whatnot. Worked ok, but im thinking that with my build I want somthing a little better. I know crash has the rebel2. looked at its specs and does it really have a 5.0 amp bec? Anyone have a take on this esc, fairly priced compared to the super rooster. What benifits would I get by going with a rooster?

Mike (smr4runner) runs the TR2 in his super, powering digital robot servos, with no issues that I know of. I wouldn't hesitate to use one if needed. As for the Super Rooseter, I've been really happy with mine, but I can't really give you a comparison of the two ESC's. Hopefully Novak will follow up their updated Rooster with a Super version soon.

im just thinking for the price I cant go wrong. It looks more durable than the novak, but im not sure thats a big deal. I know my EVX's brake SUKX!!!! wont hold at all. Is that normal with most ESC's? do crawlers just weigh to much for them?

Knok2222 said:
Im thinking I should get a differant ESC. I currently have an EVX modded for single battery and whatnot. Worked ok, but im thinking that with my build I want somthing a little better. I know crash has the rebel2. looked at its specs and does it really have a 5.0 amp bec? Anyone have a take on this esc, fairly priced compared to the super rooster. What benifits would I get by going with a rooster?

Mine works GREAT!! And yes it has a 5.0 amp bec.

the evx sucks ass,tanis was sayin theres been some guys in warcrc that have been smokin the tr2 bec.Im in the same boat and elected to go with the super rooster.just my 2 cents.The guys over at rccraler where preachin the mamba max but they are exspensive.

I'm running the rebel II and have had no problembs with it.
download1.jpg

rockmike said:
the evx sucks ass,tanis was sayin theres been some guys in warcrc that have been smokin the tr2 bec.Im in the same boat and elected to go with the super rooster.just my 2 cents.The guys over at rccraler where preachin the mamba max but they are exspensive.

How are they smoking the bec? to much pull from servos? how often is this happening? I dont plan on running comps as of yet, I have a 1:1 to build first.
how are the brakes? do they hold your rigs? and are you running a 2:2 or a super?

It seems to be hit and miss on the BEC (TR2) they work or they blow, I got one to try and it didn't work out of the box , sent it back and they fixed the bad BEC.

I have not tryed it yet, both my supers have SRs & 5995s RB servos.

I B..

What IB Racing said is what I've heard as well. Hit and miss. You might be one of the lucky ones....or not, you never know. SRoosters are getting hard to find and cost a bit as they are discontinued, but they are a good esc.

Knok2222 said:
How are they smoking the bec? to much pull from servos? how often is this happening? I dont plan on running comps as of yet, I have a 1:1 to build first.
how are the brakes? do they hold your rigs? and are you running a 2:2 or a super?

The only brakes that I know of that work well are in the brushless set-ups (drag brake) Mamba 25 set on 90% brake drag will hold my truck up hill or down on almost a 80* slope and only move if I use the trigger or wiggle the servo

Last edited:
Yupper skipper!
Been running the TR2. Its been a winner for me. I run it on both the super and 2.2. Soon will be running on the scale class.
Hell. I've even dunked a few times (by accident w/no proofing) and its still runnin' fine. I just let it dry off and all is still good.

Can't beat the price and BEC rating is just what we need for the digi's.

mIKE

Well thanks guys for the help. I think im going to get myself one. Unless novak releases somthing spectacular in the next week or so.