• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

loose ends!! 89 5.0 stang

crapyota

well like the title says this project has been one of those annoying loose ends that finally had to be taken care of!!!

well after seven years of dealing with odds and ends with my ex-wife, i finaly got the title for my old 5.0 stang..
lil rundown
this stang was bought to be my ex's driver, since i at the time had my play stang...
i ended up with it when she couldnt fix a charging problem..fixed it and drove it for awhile till one of the heads had an atitude..then parked it because she wouldnt or couldnt find the title.. it was one of those sore subjects and easier forgot about... well recently i decided it was time to get off my ass and i got my title...
so i pulled the car out of the garage its been in... bought a block and heads off the all mighty craigslist and starting over so here we go pics following..
89 lx 5.0 stock block and heads
steeda cold air intake
stock intake- cleaned and all ridges cleaned out with dremel
flowteck shorty headers
off road h-pipe
flowmaster american thunder catback exh.
tranny was rebuilt with shift kit right before parked(got to find paper work for specs)
shes just gonna be my daily driver.. but this is the start of finishing other loose end projects!!
2-6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

there is a few more things to come and some more pics

looks a hell of a lot better after a wash haha. Im in the process of building the motor on my 89' 5.0 but its not stock and def not a daily driver. There are a few fox dedicated forums out there with tons of good info on them.

Love the black fox bodies. Had a black 90 hatch with a 2.3 5 speed. Wrapped it around a telephone pole. Sweet car, too bad its not a 5 speed.

What the hell is that red **** you sinner!!!!!!

i know joe!!
i had ford blue in hand but, the blood red with black seemed to look so good. i have a buddy with a 5.0 and everything under the hood is blue and chrome so i figured this would set us apart... i am painting the ho 5.0 on top of intake in blue... side note buddy if you want to hit nachese in august with us again that would kick ass!!!

as far as this being a auto and not a stick,this is not my first rodeo with a 5.0...
did i mention the linelock soon to be installed!!!im thinking it will help so i dont have to be bored at stoplights...

i also had a 92 gt 5.0 5spd minor things done would hit into 12s
94 5.0 gt 5 spd some stuff hit lower 12s..

here is a couple pics from over the summer.
got the motor in,and it runs like a champ..
5-1.jpg

had to have some sounds when cruising around,had whole system installed,with a flip down touch screen deck,all new speakers,and a couple subs to add a lil kick.
IMG_20110702_124926.jpg

IMG_20110702_124343.jpg

next was some new wheels ,and tires.. i also swapped rear spoiler for a saleen wing(no good pics of this) also all work done in my front yard.no shop at this point).
front wheels
get-attachmentaspx04.jpg

rear,notice offset.
get-attachmentaspx03.jpg

some side shots
get-attachmentaspx02.jpg

get-attachmentaspx01.jpg

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

got tires on the dodge this summer also
IMG_20110712_174229.jpg

Last edited:
here is our cars at a mustang car show in bellingham(museum of flight).. this was an exclusive event with only 250 cars allowed,and we got in.. it was called props&ponies in honor of the p-51 mustang fighter,and the car!!the show was held right on the side of the runway,and they had plans flying by all day..
when you came in a photographer took these posed pics..
get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

get-attachmentaspx2.jpg

a good pic of my sons car thru the hood scoop of a new mach1
Marcus.jpg

some planes.we sat right under the wing of first pic with our car parked next to us
cellphonepics064.jpg

cellphonepics056.jpg

cellphonepics058.jpg

cellphonepics055.jpg

cellphonepics065.jpg

cellphonepics066.jpg

and a war wheeler
cellphonepics068.jpg

Last edited:
this guy was at almost all the shows this summer.. he bought a stock v-6 for a D.D. his brother in-law bought a gt mustang. the gt smoked this guy(of course) so he went and dumped $60,000 yes$60,000 into it to make it better then his brother in laws.. a lot of detail i couldn't get. the paint alone is ridiculous.
cellphonepics062.jpg

cellphonepics063.jpg

cellphonepics061.jpg

cellphonepics060.jpg

if you didn't know my stang has had a setback. i used it to stop a car thief from stealing my sons Toyota!! i didnt have insurance on it at the time,but it was in my yard,and keys were next to my door so i took it,and stopped the thief..i would do it again but it kills me to see it now :mad:! notice we have a few stangs!! :fawkdancesmiley: white one in background9ex-wifes) 96 saleen conv.
IMG_20111029_083944.jpg

IMG_20111029_084035.jpg

IMG_20111029_084021.jpg

hopefully this spring she will be back again!!

here is our cars at a mustang car show in bellingham(museum of flight).. this was an exclusive event with only 250 cars allowed,and we got in.. it was called props&ponies in honor of the p-51 mustang fighter,and the car!!the show was held right on the side of the runway,and they had plans flying by all day..
when you came in a photographer took these posed pics..
get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

get-attachmentaspx2.jpg

a good pic of my sons car thru the hood scoop of a new mach1
Marcus.jpg

some planes.we sat right under the wing of first pic with our car parked next to us
cellphonepics064.jpg

cellphonepics056.jpg

cellphonepics058.jpg

cellphonepics055.jpg

cellphonepics065.jpg

cellphonepics066.jpg

and a war wheeler
cellphonepics068.jpg

That's always a good show! And ironically the airport's only a mile or so from my old place, so the air show we could see from the front yard! ....:redneck:

nice!! nothing like a free airshow... when i was doing sprinklers we would always try and work around lake washington during sea fair so we could see blue angels practice!!

Damn bill i got a 88 lx project im trying to get runnin. sorry to hear bout your delima on theifs around here. stop by man i seen you roll by a few times

today i pulled all the lights and washed them.. they all were dirty with nasty stuff inside,and the lenses were yellowed,and hazey. bad pics do no justice.
this is after a good scrub.the one on the left i cleaned the inside of lense..compared to right.. its not much,but faded headlights suck..
cellphonepics084.jpg