• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Losing coolant

Trailabite

What do you think?

I noticed coolant leaking in my JK yesterday. There is coolant leaking under the overflow bottle, I can't tell exactly where it's coming but that where it is puddling. The overflow bottle is empty but the radiator is full.

When driving I was watching the temps and when I would stop it would heat to 226 and it would cool down to 206 when I started moving. Electric fan is working.

So, thermostat or water pump?

For some reason I can't post pictures this morning, but when I took the old radiator out you can see where it had been leaking for a while. It was stained with red antifreeze between the plastic caps and the radiator itself.

For some reason I can't post pictures this morning, but when I took the old radiator out you can see where it had been leaking for a while. It was stained with red antifreeze between the plastic caps and the radiator itself.

Was the tank cracked or what?

The plastic tanks just worked loose. Sometimes you can re pinch the tabs down and get it to reseal.
They are know for this.

Same thing happened on a co-workers 09, pinched the tanked closed and it held for a while. Then the upper neck just broke off one day.

Latest posts