• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS exhaust opinion

Ethann

Hey Hardline,

Just about to swap an Ls1 into my buggy and wondering on exhaust opinions..

Packaging wise I'm going to have to run some over the top headers, Y into a single with a muffler.
Eventually I want to do a cam package and a tune, but money atm the cam package has to wait, and will just get a maf delete and hopefully a dyno tune as soon as possible.

Unsure if to go
1.75" headers, collecting into 2.5" system
1 7/8" headers, collecting into 3" system

Or vice versa, or maybe something else if people can lend their opinions?
My research has been more towards street cars, so I'm just after buggy opinions..

Pretty sure I'm going to run a spintech muffler.

Thanks.

I'm using OBX stainless turbo headers on my buggy. They're designed to go up and forward, but they're too wide for my chassis that way so I flipped them down and forward. I still had to hack them up a little bit to make them work for me, but they're cheap enough that I'm ok with that.

They are 1-7/8" primaries in to 3" collectors. They come with v-band flanges but I had to cut them off. For mufflers I'm using Vibrant performance 3"x5" race mufflers right on the end of the headers. I know it's going to be loud as hell, but packaging wise I couldn't fit anything else.

Passenger side header with muffler mocked up. Still working on the driver side. It's a bit more complicated.

Re: Re: LS exhaust opinion

1 3/4 headers primaries will be fine and 2.5 collectors and run into a single 3" exhaust .. on a relatively stock engine even with a cam you wont get anymore gain out of larger primaries you will probably lose a little on the bottom side. And your not going to be spinning the engine no more than 6500ish so I would stick with the 1 3/4 primaries and 2.5" collectors