• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ls harness help

jdsharp81

I have taken all the wires out of my harness according to lt1swap. so now ive got some questions with what ive got left. If i understand correctly, all the pink wires have to be joined together and thats one wire of the 4. the two orange goes together, all the grounds, and then the starter wire and thats it?

Pink wires are hot in start/run. Orange are hot all the time. Grounds. You need fuel pump control. That will make it run. Electric fan control if using one. If using auto tranny like a 4L60e brake signal is required. That's all I can think of off hand. All the info you need is on lt1swap.com.

So you have already thinned out/eliminated anything you don't want? And you are pretty much on this step:

http://lt1swap.com/fuseblock_obd2port.html

Just follow that link step by step. I wouldn't join all of the pink wires into one single feed, but thats just me. The way he suggests is the separate them into three circuits, all START/RUN + :

1: PCM, MAF, Trans (if using a electronic trans, not 100% sure on this because we have always ran th350/400's) and Coils

2: Injectors

3: HO2S and MIL

If you do it this way, it can help you trouble shoot down the road due to the isolated circuits.

The orange wires are BAT +

Like michael123 said, there are other optional circuits that you can keep too.

Bundle the grounds.

Hope that helps, but his site is pretty much fool proof, if you read it ALL first.

I found this and cleaned it up a little for my application, not sure if it helps but thought I would share it,

99-03LS1_zps9438a8f4.jpg