• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS help please !

gdf

ROLL TIDE
Will a chevy 5.3/6.0 harness fit an Ls1 motor.... Also can the 5.3/6.0 ECU be tuned to run the LS1. I had a 6.0... It blew so I swapped motors and had ECU retuned for the current 5.3 I'm running so I know these two will swap but unsure of the LS1

gdf said:
Will a chevy 5.3/6.0 harness fit an Ls1 motor.... Also can the 5.3/6.0 ECU be tuned to run the LS1. I had a 6.0... It blew so I swapped motors and had ECU retuned for the current 5.3 I'm running so I know these two will swap but unsure of the LS1

The ECU should be fine depending on reluctor wheel, the knock sensor wiring will have to be cut & spliced on the harness

They use the same exact PCM for v6's also. They just have to be set and tuned for whatever you are using. I think the biggest thing is DBW and DBC. They aren't interchangeable I don't believe.

My 2000 5.3 harness and computer is running my 2001 ls1. ;) The Gen III stuff works on Gen III as far as wiring, wiring from a Gen III will not work without modification on a Gen IV due to sensor position and styles changing.

Re:

I forgot to mention that in my post. Ls1 is a gen 3 engine and all gen 3 with interchange as everyone said gen 4 are different engines and use a different ecm and sone wiring changes

Latest posts