• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls injectors

Every time I have had a clogged one it has been carbon or some kind of build up on the outlet nozzel. Pulling them out and spraying them off with brake cleaner then carefully wiping with a rag has always worked for me. Seafoam fuel addative also works decent.

Re: Ls injectors

Soak them overnight in seafoam. The test them with 12 volts. I cleaned plenty of clogged injectors this way, worked everytime.

U can buy brand new Ac delco injectors on amazon.com for $28 each... Not worth trying to clean for that cheap of parts... I replaced ones in my 6.0 from amazon

theres a few videos on youtube using a syringe to spray carb or brake cleaner through the injector... thats what i did on mine and it worked great, several of us have done that with good success

Travis said:
Soak them overnight in seafoam. The test them with 12 volts. I cleaned plenty of clogged injectors this way, worked everytime.

how are you testing them after they are cleaned? just wondering what the process is.

Fuel injector cleaning

this is how I did mine.. got the syringe from tractor supply- any AG/farm supply store will have syringes.. I had to cut down an o-ring to get it to seal properly and i bought replacement o-rings from rock-auto for like 3 bucks.. works great and catching the spray in a little tub you can see the grime that comes out...

Theres also a little filter in the top of the injectors, i think its mrinjector.com that sells replacements if you can't get them to come clean.. be sure to spray the cleaner through the injector both directions and you should be good to go. I only know of one set of injectors this didn't work well on and he got another set of used injectors and cleaned them and worked great..

wizzo said:
how are you testing them after they are cleaned? just wondering what the process is.
I take 12 volt straight from a battery, positive to one injector pin, negative to other injector pin. It'll click if its good, fairly loud. You should be able to tell a difference in sound between good injectors and clogged/dirty ones. Any that sound quieter, soak overnight again.

take the injector and a 3 inch long peice of hose and slip it over the top, fill the hose all the way to the top with a good solvent, take 2 leads off a battery and attatch to injector while blowing down the hose till it sprays clean. works like a charm!