• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ls intake ?

85toyo

I'm currently swapping intakes on my LQ4. Still using a stock truck intake but it's the newer style for drive by wire throttle body's. Will there be any issues if I pull and plug the hose barb on my throttle body and use the one on the newer intake? I don't think it should make a difference.

Drive by cable throttle body

Drive by wire intake

I would plug the hole on the intake and run the hose to your DBC TB. I am by no means an expert, but it seems to be the best logic IMO.

That was my original plan but the hose barb on the new intake is pretty solid. I might be able to cut it off as flush as possible with a hack saw then glue a bolt or something in there.

That barb is just pressed in the TB. Pull it and plug it just like you was going to do.
Don't mess up good intake with glue and a bolt.

I had the same setup. I just rotated the barb in the throttle body out of the way a capped it. I was going to go back and plug it with a freeze plug or something, but haven't even thought about it until I saw this post.

Hucklebuggy said:
I had the same setup. I just rotated the barb in the throttle body out of the way a capped it. I was going to go back and plug it with a freeze plug or something, but haven't even thought about it until I saw this post.

I pulled mine out and had plans on putting a little freeze plug in it. I can't find a freeze plug and there's not much room to tap it for a pipe plug so I guess I'll stick the hose barb back in and do what you said.

Latest posts