• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Swap into my 1991 YJ Computer help?!?!

TKnight

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I am currently gathering parts to swap an LS in place of my 350 TBI in my 91 YJ. The LS is out of an 04 suburban which is DBW. My plan is to swap the TB to DBC, I have one guy who tunes/cuts down harnesses saying there's only 2 different computer service numbers I can use. I will update later, I have the last 4 of both service numbers written down. I have another guy, who tunes saying there's several that I can use, also that I can tell if mine is useable if I have the "chip"... anybody help me with the placement of this chip/what I'm looking for? The second guy also said something about IAC, not exactly sure what I'm looking for to tell if I'm good with the computer (came out with the motor) I have or if I'm going to need a different one, any help is appreciated.

As promised the last 4 digits on the service numbers that I was told would work are 0411 or 4896

The 4 digit codes ecms were used on TBI engines.
LS ecms do not use removable chips they are reprogrammed or reflashed. Any green/blue connector ecm from a dbw should work.
I would suggest getting the dbw pedal and module from the same vehicle as the harness and ecm to ensure they all work together without issue.

Thanks fellas. Rusty- the numbers I listed were just a reference for the last 4 digits, think I've got it figured out now though. My ECM ended up being an 0411 (last 4 digits). I was preparing for the worst day without having my ECM. Ended up licking up and having the 0411 thankfully.