• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS tuning ??

Bj mac

I have a 02 LS 6.0. Who would you recommend to tune the computer.
I was thinking about using Jim's performance to cut down my harness.

I've read a lot of good things about using Wayne Hartwig with diffsonly.com for cutting down harnesses and computer tuning.

Dyno tuning is def better than mail order tho.. I took my 6.0 to Lane Culver with Culver Auto Specialties in Huntsville AL. He's the real deal.

i used Jims for harness and tune i have no complaints . great work ,it was done when he said it would be, harness was neat , and the tune he gave me was awesome , plus i think but not sure he does free lifetime tunes now after the first one

I USED BLACKBEAR PERFORMANCE FOR MY 454 VORTEC TUNE. MAIL ORDER OR DATA TUNING OPTIONS. I DID DATA TUNE. CANT SPEAK HIGHLY ENOUGH ABOUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PERFORMANCE GAINS. ITS NO DYNO TUNE BUT REALLY CLOSE BECAUSE THEY HAVE YOU LOG INFO WHILE DRIVING INSTEAD OF JUST WIDE OPEN ON A DYNO.
DEPENDS ON HOW EXTREME YOU WANT TO BUILD IT TO. CHECK THEIR WEBSITE AND EMAIL JUSTIN FOR QUESTIONS. JUST ANOTHER OPTION FOR YA.

Lane done a motor build and dyno tune for me, highly recommend him. Also had a Blackbear tune on a different vehicle several years ago but I met Justin at a meet he setup and we drove and and he tuned it on the spot. He does a good job also. Both guys have tons of experence with tuning and these engines thumb.gif

Re:

Had a Jim's tune on mine. Was not happy at all. Had Jesse @ wait4meperformance tune it. So much better now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ive heard mixed feelings on Jims tune. I was told about a Speed Density tune w/ no MAF. Not trying to hijack OP but does anyone else here run that setup? I like simple with less wires and less parts to package.

As for tuning Ive talked to PSI and ShowMeSpeed. Was also pointed towards Wayne Hartwig from several folks including EOR.

Jims is not a tuner. Anyone who runs the base tune he puts in is phoning it in.
Jim thins the harness and get the ecm thinned out as well. If you ask him he'll tell you his tune is good enough to fire up and get it on the dyno.
Seriously, Jims is best Ive seen out there for harness thinning and harness repair work.
But they arent a tuning perf. shop, so if you think you got an optimized tune you are fooling yourself.

InDaShop said:
Jims is not a tuner. Anyone who runs the base tune he puts in is phoning it in.
Jim thins the harness and get the ecm thinned out as well. If you ask him he'll tell you his tune is good enough to fire up and get it on the dyno.
Seriously, Jims is best Ive seen out there for harness thinning and harness repair work.
But they arent a tuning perf. shop, so if you think you got an optimized tune you are fooling yourself.

exactly - best harness job I have seen - he told me he leaves most of the tunes bone stock just eliminates the un-necessary parameters like VATS and anything that would cause a CEL

Having Brendon at lt1swap do mine. He seems like an easy guy to work with and price isn't too bad.

Get a dyno tune, you can't really squeeze every bit of power out of those LS motors with a mail order tune. Best thing I ever did my jeep was have it dyno tuned

Lane tuned one of our work truck 6.0s. Truck runs great now. Dyno showed big increase in power.

Alright emailed bear they said 15-20 hp over stock tune, question you gonna tell a difference seat of the pants???