• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

m 12000 warn questions

roadracerrick

first i bought a 3/8 x100 viking winch line 17,600 lb. do i need to change my fairleads? and when i went into the pond sat. the winch would not go into gear. so i took off the end cap. all i saw was a little water and a big snap ring that seems not to be in place. anyone have info or a link to make it work and do the pm on the winch.

Last edited:
The Warn factory is just down in Portland. The techs are cool dudes, who fixed my 12000 for free. Since I was already heading down there anyway, it was very convienent also.

If you get in over your head, let the Pros fix it.

However it's been my experience the the number 1 failure of most winches is either the power and ground cables are undersized, corroded, or ground to the frame instead of the battery, -or- the one of the solinoids died.

regarding your fairlead question, you typed "winch line", without clarifying if the winch line in question was 'steel' line or 'poly' line. If it's steel line, then as long as the gap in the rollers is larger than the diameter of the line, your OK, just feed the line thru the fairlead, and spool it onto the winch. IF the line is poly, then you should get a HAWSE style fairlead, designed specifically for a poly rope.

Last edited:
it is a poly line. and the motor works on the winch and i used heavy wire. the problem is the lever on in doesnt seem to put it into gear. and if it does i can hold it back with arm strong. make any sense?

Latest posts