• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

machine shop?

RUBITANk

hey i live in tacoma/puyallup area, i am rebuilding my 22re, turns out i needs to get my crankshaft reground, can anyone recommend a shop that will do it for a reasonable price? trying to go as cheap as possible since i might be getting laid off tomorrow, :mad::mad::mad:. Also can i pick up a rebuild kit for my 22re here locally or am i going to have to order one online? i found them online anywhere from 220$ from engbuilder, or 299 from 22re.com. Thanks for the help :awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

hey i live in tacoma/puyallup area, i am rebuilding my 22re, turns out i needs to get my crankshaft reground, can anyone recommend a shop that will do it for a reasonable price? trying to go as cheap as possible since i might be getting laid off tomorrow, :mad::mad::mad:. Also can i pick up a rebuild kit for my 22re here locally or am i going to have to order one online? i found them online anywhere from 220$ from engbuilder, or 299 from 22re.com. Thanks for the help :awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

I just left Napa on 96th pacific pick up a fly wheel .Talk to dave the head machinist tell him toyota mike refered u he will take care of ya.I have my reasons for going there....

253-537-2100

:awesomework: thanks i am going to have to check the place out, i live a couple of blocks down from there

Crank $95
Clean & hot tank block $45
resurface head $30
rebuild kit $149

thats my price u just need bearing and rings thrust washers...another $100-130...

Keep in mind...most machine shops in Tacoma don't grind cranks (they don't have the proper tooling), they send them out. Waterhouse Motors in Tacoma is who used to do all local crank grinding, but went out of business from the economy.
Napa on 96th sends them out I know....Dave did the heads on a 327 for me, and the crank (Waterhouse).

Bud's Machine in Lakewood probably does there own cranks, and I know BG Machine in Seattle does, as they do large engines....

Keep in mind...most machine shops in Tacoma don't grind cranks (they don't have the proper tooling), they send them out. Waterhouse Motors in Tacoma is who used to do all local crank grinding, but went out of business from the economy.
Napa on 96th sends them out I know....Dave did the heads on a 327 for me, and the crank (Waterhouse).

Bud's Machine in Lakewood probably does there own cranks, and I know BG Machine in Seattle does, as they do large engines....

I used to have CUSTOM CRANKSHAFT do them at the end of portland ave, but they went out of biz long ago.

Josh is right no one around here does there own cranks. They will send it out and maybe get it back timely.

Hit up TRAINWRECK on the board here. Patric has a shop rebuilding them and KNOWS his ****. Alot of folks here are running patty rebuilds. I would have him do it or at least PM for his opinion.:beer:

i use pacific engine rebuilders most local shops send their cranks there ask for john he is a good guy and will help you out. the shop is on golden given and the # is 253 396 1814

I used to have CUSTOM CRANKSHAFT do them at the end of portland ave, but they went out of biz long ago.

Josh is right no one around here does there own cranks. They will send it out and maybe get it back timely.

Hit up TRAINWRECK on the board here. Patric has a shop rebuilding them and KNOWS his ****. Alot of folks here are running patty rebuilds. I would have him do it or at least PM for his opinion.:beer:

yes but bill that used to work at custom crank now owns custom crank and has a shop at his house in tacoma.. and does all of our cranks for the shop...

thanks guys, i went to the machine shop the one right next to the auto parts store on pac ave, its like 126th and pac ave...... 90 bucks