• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mahindra Roxor

stump jumper

350TBI, TURBO 400, 60/14/, 205/BLACKBOX, ON 42'S
Anybody else interested in these? I'll be honest the more I read about them the more I like the thoughts of owning one.

Very,I see tagging here in Tn as it's easy and throwing some 33's on it with a reworked cage,Provided that the build quality is at least 20% better than a Polaris.

Looks like a jeep but the chassis is similar to a Suzuki Samurai with a little turbo diesel. I'll stick to my samurai... it only cost 5 grand and way cooler

I give it one week after they are released before the aftermarket has more jeepish looking grilles for them.

Looks pretty cool, I'd like to have one. (I'd never spend the money on one...)

Bout like a diesel swapped samurai, but brand new with warranty.

They are really cool. I was at mahindra before holidays and saw them. The diesel, plus the simple design will compete well in the utility market.

So are they supposed to be street legal or what? What's the price? Gotta look into em more, just did a quick image search to see what they look like. Cool concept I guess, especially if it's street legal.

Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

TacomaJD said:
So are they supposed to be street legal or what? What's the price? Gotta look into em more, just did a quick image search to see what they look like. Cool concept I guess, especially if it's street legal.
Not street legal except in states thst allow sxs.

15499 base msrp.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-similar-the-mahindra-roxor-is-to-an-old-jeep-1823474555

Knock off 44s that will accept 44 internals (gears and lockers)

It is technically a sxs where cc and wieght dont declassify it.
So question is will brimrstone and other private atv/sxs parks allow it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Kinda dumb concept then to me, I guess. Could have a badass Polaris Ranger for less, haul more ****, make more power, and probably be much more capable. Or bump up to a General for close to same price. I don't see a niche in the market for these where sxs's are already readily available to outperform these in every aspect for around the same money or less. The niche would be if they were street legal, like a smart car. In my opinion, it would have been in their better interest to make being street legal a priority to approach the market wisely.

Re: Re: Mahindra Roxor

TacomaJD said:
Kinda dumb concept then to me, I guess. Could have a badass Polaris Ranger for less, haul more ****, make more power, and probably be much more capable. Or bump up to a General for close to same price. I don't see a niche in the market for these where sxs's are already readily available to outperform these in every aspect for around the same money or less. The niche would be if they were street legal, like a smart car. In my opinion, it would have been in their better interest to make being street legal a priority to approach the market wisely.
Mahindra had tried to go this route in the past and import similar things, but getting to where it can be street legal had killed it. The utv market allows them to compete.

I agree for most of us, this doesn't make sense comparably, but I could see them selling well in the utility space. Esp if they offer tractor like attachments and accessories. I think a truck like model with a dump bed would do even better. Also this thing is going to hold up much better, I think, than any utv out now.

Yep.to go street legal in the us, theyd struggle to keep cost down, itd be a 50,000 machine until they sold enough to bring price down.

The "d18" can accept a pto so faem type implements like thebold jeeps is very possible.

I agree it will be much more reliable than most utv are with a **** ton less moving parts and 95% of its mods can be purchased out of a jeep mag.

Tn, az, utah, idaho, sd, amd mamy others allow you to drive utv/sxs onnthe steeet with exceptions.

Wv allows them on any road without a center line,
ohio has provisions that allow it to be possible to atreet legal a sxs (though we suck and most local jurisdictions dont allow it)

We have a couple truck/jeep parks here in ohio, the rest are atv and utv only.

This SHOULD get the jeep guy who doesnt wamt a sxs, into those parks becuase it is by all technical terms a utv.

I cant afford one right now or id already put down a downpayment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

In one of the adds it says can be made street legal with an available kit. Which I would assume is very similar to a golf cart turn signal kit.
If they tried to make street legal it would never pass all the safety and crash tests. The price would double and it would end up like a smart car. This route they bypass all those regulations.
Put a Suzuki samurai vin tag on it and rock out.