• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manastash Directions

CarnationSensation

Ok so i know almost every road up to manastash camp ground is closed due to washouts and such.
My question is: IS THERE ANY WAY UP THERE FROM THE ELLENSBERG SIDE??? "LEGALLY" I know that last part makes it a little harder but if someone has found a way up there please help me out, i know nachese is open but thats a long ass drive.
Thanks

There is a way into the forest service controlled manastash legally but not to the campgrounds unless you come over barber springs or tripod flats trail. The legal way in doesn't go to any trails just some green dot roads. They're not closed due to wash outs. They're closed because the head of the Cle Elum district wants them closed. The state land is all open.

Last edited:
We did a little dual sport ride this weekend from the westside, over naches trail, etc. Found Milk Pond closed so headed down to rock creek RD (1702) Also closed. Sign said "due to flood damage" and was pushed over to the side to allow acces to the few houses at the beginning of the road. We squirted by and found the road had a small bit of erosion in the first 1/2 mile, but after that was perfectly fine. Theyre logging/ thinning up higher otherwise the road is fine. I dont get it why every road up to manashtash ridge is closed?

We did come back down Milk Pond to see if there was damage.......its F'd big time. Multiple washouts/sections missing/road is the new river bed etc.

Manshtash can be accessed by Barber Spring, Tamamrack Springs, Mud Flats, and another area by Tamamrack springs but i cant remember the name of the road :mad:

But accessing the camp ground is another story.

It's the N. Fork but it ends up on the same road as Tamarack springs. With Mud flats, you end up on the barber springs/1701 road.

Last edited:
I have been told that the 3100 is closed because the county road is closed leading up to the FS lands and the FS will not open that road until the county opens their access. You can run ALL THE trails and you can use the campgrounds. The FS is trying to find money to open the Gnat Flat Road (Taneum side road 3330). If that is opened (legally) then you can get down to Manastash via Taneum. However, it is unclear if the FS will fix the washout at Buck Meadows anytime soon (this is actually a fairly significant washout that closes access from Manastash C/G to Buck Meadows UNLESS you take the 4WD311 bridge). Barber Springs, Tripod Flats, Wenas, Tamarak Springs, are all accesses to the Manastash - legally...

The gnat flats road has zero problems, I was on it before they closed it and after the flood. All it would take is removing the jersey barriers they put in place. Oh yea, someone already drug them out of the way.:awesomework: The buck meadows washout is a good one and will take time and money to fix, I'll give the FS that one. The FS states the road is closed just before frost meadows up to quartz, once again for no reason.:looser: The road is perfectly fine. Too bad it wasn't all state land, with all the money from the disco pass I'm sure the state would have it opened real quick.:eeek::rolleyes: