• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Manual reverse shift VB?

Maverick26

As iron sharpens iron...
Just called the tranny guy and to save me some money he said I could source my own parts. So Im looking for a full manual reverse shift valve body for a TH350. He didnt really have any imput on what was good or bad. He did say that some guys have been having bad luck with the compression breaking VBs. I guess the breaking goes out after a little bit. I would like to have some compression breaking in at least 1st maybe 2nd if you can.

Just would like to know what brands are good? What options do I have? Who is running what with what kinda luck.

Just a quick Summit search got me this. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-321115/

Thanks guys.

In my old Landcruiser I ran a Coan racing rmvb in my th350. Easy to install and never had any issue with it. Its also cheaper than the tci or hughes. If you do go with a TCI I believe one of the models requires you to plug an orfice in the case and drill another one out.

i bought the one above from summit and it rocked the hammers. once in a while if your idle drops too low the compression braking seems to go away but in my rig if you just keep your foot off the brake it picks right back up as soon as the RPM raise a little from gravity. take some getting used to but im happy with it. so far:redneck: